Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

27 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I honestly think we're probably thinking the same.

Give us our money, everyone can move on. I don't think we would pursue any additional action if that's what happened. 

Ashworth has already sullied his reputation and potentially damaged the relationship between him, Man Utd and Berrada. We don't need to waste the energy going further once we get our compensation. 

I quite like it dragging on because we are on the right side of it and it's not stopping us getting on with things.

50 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Nothing will even happen, we need to get a new director in place, settle this and move on.

Just feel its becoming a saga now.

It's their saga though, not ours. Nothing stops us getting our own director in. Let it run and run.

16 minutes ago, Menace said:

Apart from he's a gobshite who can't stop yapping. I'd be concerned what he's told them about our club/clauses.

If he's done that then it's going to be even worse for him now that we have evidence of him breaking confidentiality

14 minutes ago, Menace said:

Apart from he's a gobshite who can't stop yapping. I'd be concerned what he's told them about our club/clauses.

He'll clearly do that whether we're nice to them or not. In fact our best bet for protecting ourselves is to wreck his relationship with them in the crib.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I'm surprised by these takes. None of this is interfering with us bringing someone new in. We couldn't care less about Dan at this point other than squeezing as much money out of it as possible, it's not going to affect us in any way in terms of our own plans

Some really shit takes on it. Desperate to be trodden on and piss taken out of us for the sake of what? We're in control of this situation. 

Small club mentality to allow this to just happen and move on. Fuck that, let's rinse these cunts for everything they've got and have them apologise for their behaviour as well. 

I’ll be pissed if we’ve dropped the ball on a procedural issue. If the case I hope we get him on gross misconduct, sharing confidential information with a competitor. Seek damages, City do the same with Berrada. This all goes away if Man Utd settle.

If we've placed him on gardening leave because we can see that he's had contact with a separate employer, sharing confidential information then he hasn't got a leg to stand on in arbitration arguing that we've sacked him. Fucking idiot

I guess us finding out the reason for Ashworth's arbitration may have motivated us to go looking for emails etc.  So him being a dick could well have triggered something far worse for him as he should now be personally open to being sued.

a lot of RC posters seem to think Newcastle are being small time by playing hard ball 

considering how badly run MU are, their sense of entitlement is astonishing 

Just now, Ginola14 said:

a lot of RC posters seem to think Newcastle are being small time by playing hard ball 

They dont think that, they just defend their club at all costs no matter how wrong they are. They'd be laughing like fuck at us if roles were reversed.

Ashworth is trying to claim that Darren Eales didn't have him write out his resignation letter before leaving, and so the gardening leave is not valid! Claiming that it means he was then essentially sacked, and so should be able to join Man Utd right away.

This could be the reasoning behind why they have lowballed us with the compensation. It's what they are banking on during arbitration.

3 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

Cannot believe the level of arrogance and stupidity on there.

Their time is coming though. All the signs are pointing to it, with this Ratcliffe guy in charge.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Ashworth is trying to claim that Darren Eales didn't have him write out his resignation letter before leaving, and so the gardening leave is not valid! Claiming that it means he was then essentially sacked, and so should be able to join Man Utd right away.

This could be the reasoning behind why they have lowballed us with the compensation. It's what they are banking on during arbitration.

Do you need to write out a resignation letter?

Just now, NE27 said:

Do you need to write out a resignation letter?

I believe it is the typical formality, yes, but seems very far fetched claiming that means he was sacked.