Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

its probably been said but i cba to read through the thread

Make the dick sit on gardening leave, fuck their £20 million or whatever, make sure he sits out of the game long enough to be well out of our business and 2 years behind where they wanted to be with him

pricks

Don't pay it then. He can leave our employment in 2026 and we'll have someone else in before this coming summer.

We've held out over far more expensive problems (Hendrick, Hayden, Saviet) and that's just current and recent once. 1.5M is fuck all compared to what those players took up in wages over their contract since not playing for us.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What Ratty is struggling with is we aren't criticising Dan for wanting to leave, the problem is with Man U, they either wait just under 2 years as per his contract or they lay what we deem to be a reasonable

Him crying to the press is a waste of time and just makes him look like an absolute amateur 

If it’s me: everyday he delays paying in upping the price by a million, every time he opens the his mouth to complain another million. I’d happy see Ashworth rot if I’m our hierarchy. 

Honestly hope we squeeze them for every last possible penny.

I bet if it was a random overseas giant like Real or Barca we'd have negotiated pretty fairly and quickly. But this lot with Lingard, the fact that they were likely not far behind the likes of Liverpool and Spurs in pushing for our takeover to be blocked, undoubtedly being front and centre of the newer rules restricting our growth opportunities. Let's see what happens when you want something from us, eh? Fuck off.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

He's digging his heels in over £20m. 

Boehly would have fired £60m at you and said keep the change.

£60m was the suggested asking price in that Martin Samuels piece in the Times and it was a compelling argument tbf. Realistically it won't be anywhere near that, but I don't think it's worth Newcastle's while to do it for much less than £20m. Maybe there'll be a compromise reached at around £15m if we are feeling less spiteful than Man U were over Lingard two seasons ago. What goes around comes around.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I disagree about it being the biggest challenge- they have far more cash than we do to spend to get back to challenging. Just need to by better it's not rocket science. Newcastle is by miles a bigger challenge as we have the same aspirations but a fraction of the budget. Clearly Dan can't be bothered with the challenge so has took the easy route out. Let him rot for year he's still getting paid millions but it's worth it to see Man U not get their way.

On 19/02/2024 at 13:06, Gallowgate Toon said:

Think I really agree with this part. Liverpool had Edwards for a very successful period but, after he left, they seemed to shift from the process model and give more power to Klopp. Maybe @rgk_lfc can give insight into what's happened.

Not great last season but doesn't seem to have been a problem this while Klopp's supposedly had his mate in-post for 6 months to basically handle transfer negotiations.

Honestly, I'm unsure as to what really happened. I don't think we shifted to a manager-buying model. Maybe Klopp had more input? I can never really say. FSG is committed to having a bit of separation from manager and player purchasing. I do believe even though Edwards left, the underlying background team was still there, providing all the input.

I wish I knew more. But other than gossip from journos, I don't think anyone has any real clue as to what happened other than Klopp and the team. 

Does this £20m benefit us FFP wise (sorry if already asked and answered)? If it doesn't I see zero reasons why we wouldn't just let his contract run down given the wealth of the Saudis and we don't want to help a rival. 

2 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Does this £20m benefit us FFP wise (sorry if already asked and answered)? If it doesn't I see zero reasons why we wouldn't just let his contract run down given the wealth of the Saudis and we don't want to help a rival. 

Yes, would be revenue.

53 minutes ago, Elric said:

Brexit nonce with a storied history of being a cunt 🤷‍♂️

Pay the money or fuck off, Jim. Oh, and fuck you, Dan 🤙

And a tory who doesn't give a fuck about the north til it might benefit him. Super original.

Just reading up on him a bit so this has probably been pored over already... but trying to claim public funding when he saves himself £4billion in taxes by basing himself in Monaco. :lol: What a turd.