Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

9 hours ago, McDog said:

That was something reported? Eddie knew little about the fact they were signing Alfie Harrison?

Straight from Eddie Howe’s mouth in a press conference.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Richard Hughes was also attracting strong interest from Roma apparently. Seems to be highly rated.

But you know ... Bournemouth, and Howe bringing in his mates!

Indeed, we need objectivity not mates. 

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nice little teaser at the bottom of that article. 

Name the 4 players who's surname begins with the letter N that have played in the PL for Newcastle.

Nolan

N'Zogbia??

?

?

17 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Name the 4 players who's surname begins with the letter N that have played in the PL for Newcastle.

Nolan

N'Zogbia??

?

?

Ndiweni got on earlier in the season didn't he, Chelsea at home I think?

And did we have a Neilson in the 90s?

Edited by Kilcline
Vague memory of some lad called Neilson

27 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Worst case scenario for post-Klopp (for anyone that hates them)

Nah Richard Hughes is shite. That's why he was at Bournemouth he can't be any good. Brexit Howes pal as well

*source NUFC twitter*

56 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Ndiweni got on earlier in the season didn't he, Chelsea at home I think?

And did we have a Neilson in the 90s?

Alan Neilson. Came through as a young'un. Played for Wales, could've played for any of the home countries due to being born in an armed forces base in Germany. 

5 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Worst case scenario for post-Klopp (for anyone that hates them)

Ffs Edwards was my dream replacement for Ashworth as dof. Deep down I knew it was never going to happen but I still had a little bit of hope that he would join us.

my current mood after reading that 

8il0j4.jpg

& also Liverpool getting their transfer targets spot on after turkey teeth leaves :anguish::anguish::anguish:

16 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Straight from Eddie Howe’s mouth in a press conference.

Can't get a better source than that! I'm still surprised though. I thought Eddie had final say per some reports. Maybe not.

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Can't get a better source than that! I'm still surprised though. I thought Eddie had final say per some reports. Maybe not.

Didn't hear him say it myself, but I guess it would make sense that he isn't seriously involved in low cost youth signings. Unless he overperforms, I don't think Harrison is meant to be in our first team squad for a couple of seasons yet.

11 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Nolan

N'Zogbia??

?

?

Nolan

N'Zogbia

Neilson

Ndiweni

Bonus points for Geremi Njitap

8 hours ago, Playmaker said:

Ffs Edwards was my dream replacement for Ashworth as dof. Deep down I knew it was never going to happen but I still had a little bit of hope that he would join us.

my current mood after reading that 

8il0j4.jpg

& also Liverpool getting their transfer targets spot on after turkey teeth leaves :anguish::anguish::anguish:

Be grateful. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing if he wants to take Richard Hughes with him. Who would hire friends of Eddie Howe? 

A suggestion that a £9m fee was close to being agreed was strongly rebutted by Manchester United this week. Sources at Old Trafford suggest Newcastle paid £3m to Brighton for Ashworth and any compensation will be closer to that. The Magpies, obviously, want more – especially if he is to start immediately.

Finer details – like whether Manchester United will be barred from buying Newcastle players for a set period of time – are also yet to be ironed out. “Nothing is imminent,” one source told i this week. At this rate anyone assuming they can bank compensation in time for the summer might be disappointed.

Far from encouraging from Mark Douglas this morning. Hope we hold firm.

21 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Bit of a climb down from the 21m he said was agreed last week

59 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Man U do seem to throw money at every other club bar us. For some reason we seem to bring out the accountant side of them, if we were called FC Sporting Magedica they'd have signed off on £40m by now.

I think they are caught off-guard by the garden leave and compensation stuff. If they had knew it right from the beginning I can see them go for someone else