Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The worst thing is people acting like we expect a discount. :lol: All because Ratcliffe said it's asburd someone as good as Ashworth sitting in his garden for a year, which he's absolutely right in saying. That doesn't translate to, "give him to us now for fuck all."

It's not absurd in the least though, in the context of him being contracted and therefore him leaving to strengthen a direct rival would be counterproductive to the people who gave him that contract. It's a fucking stupid thing to say, monumentally naive at best and just outright duplicitous at worst.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Froggy, your sir Jim basically tried to make us look like mugs with his relentlessly stupid public statements, I get it though, he’s your savour so your impression will differ. 

Now, our demands are set by us, what we gave Brighton have no bearing on anything, ultimately your clubs past behaviour has and how you’ve handled this affair means we should give you absolutely no leeway and he can sit in his garden until January. 

He's not my saviour. :lol: He's jumping into bed with the Glazers and he's a bit mouthy for my liking. He's made some good decisions so far with the executives we're bringing in, but what power will ultimately lie with them remains to be seen. There's a quiet hesitation with fans towards INEOS.

I do think there's an overreaction, albeit and understandable one, to his comments on here though. Driven by the annoyance of us poaching Ashworth. 

10 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Pay up or shut up, Jim - arrogant bellend - I think they expected to walk all over us for Ashworth - not anymore I'm afraid!

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Driven by the annoyance of us poaching Ashworth

I think most (myself included) are way more annoyed by your club's attitude than Ashworth going. 

47 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The worst thing is people acting like we expect a discount. :lol: All because Ratcliffe said it's asburd someone as good as Ashworth sitting in his garden for a year, which he's absolutely right in saying. That doesn't translate to, "give him to us now for fuck all.".

Well one thing that has also been widely reported is the "Wembley of the North" involving tax payer money so there is a fairly recent history of Ratcliffe trying to find alternatives to putting his hand in his own pocket more than is absolutely necessary. 

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

I think most (myself included) are way more annoyed by your club's attitude than Ashworth going. 

Also this.

All very public from day one. A bit like our own pursuit of Emery, fortunately we learned our lesson fairly quickly after that.

13 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

ll very public from day one. A bit like our own pursuit of Emery, fortunately we learned our lesson fairly quickly after that.

We pinched Berrada from City, which is arguably a bigger coup than Ashworth, and that was kept under wraps until it was a done deal. He's on gardening leave as well.

Makes you wonder, since you have previous with Emery...

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We pinched Berrada from City, which is arguably a bigger coup than Ashworth, and that was kept under wraps until it was a done deal. He's on gardening leave as well.

Yes we have previous with Emery. Over two years ago now. It went badly and we haven't had a very public pursuit since.

It’s been more or less confirmed that months long leaking of stories about Man United wanting him came from the Man United side. It’s a large part of the reason we’re pissed off.

The Berrada deal may have been kept under wraps - probably because of the unique circumstances around Man United poaching someone from their more recently successful local rivals - but the Ashworth and Wilcox situations are almost identical.

I think it speaks of a bit of entitlement and arrogance on the part of Ratcliffe. It very much ties in with him shiteing on about public funding for a new stadium.

Edited by christ

11 hours ago, Shak said:

Ratcliffe seems massively like someone who will have made some patronising remark to Staveley that he wouldn't have to a man :lol:

4 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Y’all need to get over Ashwoth. He gone. 

I mean, who's this directed at like?

It's just post after post of people taking the piss, don't really think anyone gives a shit :lol:

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Theres also rumours that you're having issues with Southampton over Ripley. You claiming there's a clause in the contract that Southampton are denying exists. So unless PIF have their oar in there, it suggests that the playing things out in public is from your side

Aren't you supposed to check what it will take to get someone from another club prior to making your move? This Ratcliffe is coming across shoddily already. He's giving Todd Boehly vibes, which is great.

When we wanted Ashworth from Brighton we weren't all over the media bitching and whining. We negotiated and came to an agreement.

This Ratcliffe guy really thinks he can dictate how much he is going to pay for someone that is highly rated and was a big part of our plans, which he only barely started work on.

This is clown world. Let Ashworth frolick about in that garden for however long if these jokers don't want to pay the money. 

Edited by KaKa

Illegal approaches and tapping up happen all the time, he's an asset employed by Newcastle United if Manchester United want him they have to pay what we ask. The only other way around it is the legal route but I can't see what avenue Manchester United could use in that instance. In theory Newcastle United could take action against Ashworth for not fulfilling the terms of his. 

Does this sort of thing normally take this long to finalise. It’s starting to feel like they don’t want him. 

I remember him being unavailable on GL for ages when he joined, but the actual joining didn’t seem to take this long.