Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I'm already sick of this Ratcliffe gobshite but he needs to pay the going rate for a "10/10 sporting director" and then we can all move on - tosser!

“I think Dan Ashworth is a 10/10 sporting director — one of the best around. He would be very good for Manchester United. It is understandable that somebody like Dan would see the Manchester United job as a very interesting challenge at this stage of his career.

“Ultimately, you can't really criticise Dan for looking at maybe the most coveted job in football as a sporting director, particularly with the challenge at Manchester United. What doesn't make sense is for Dan Ashworth to be sat doing nothing for 18 months.”

Don’t understand why everyone is getting so wound up by Ashworth.

He left one job to take a bigger one, working with his mates for more money.

We’d all do it. Don’t take it so personally man.

17 minutes ago, Menace said:

I have no issue with Ashworth, it's the way Ratcliffe is behaving that's annoying.

This for me too!

43 minutes ago, Menace said:

I have no issue with Ashworth, it's the way Ratcliffe is behaving that's annoying.

Arbitration? He’s acting like a snivelling cunt. We’re well protected in that contract and we’re just as if not more happy to let his contract run out if Man Utd don’t go above and beyond in terms of compensation.

They’re in it together as far as I’m concerned 

I am a bit disappointed in Ashworth in signing up to a long term project and jumping ship at first opportunity, but I guess things weren't going that smoothly behind the scenes, if its not working probably good he moves on and we find someone else. Man U clearly coming in assuming that any other club would happily give up their assets to them on the cheap, absolutely obnoxiously entitled, just like expecting the government to pay for a new ground for them because of course the whole country would love to subsidize man u sigh. 

Yes our price was high, but doesn't sound like they've even tried to come in with a reasonable offer in the middle.

Has Brexit Branson actually improved any sports team he's purchased a stake in?

Purchases OGC Nice at start of 19/20 season.  Average finish position in 4 seasons pre-purchase: 5.5, average finishing position in 4 seasons post-purchase: 7.25.

Purchases Team Sky in 2019.  4 Tour de France wins in 5 years pre-purchase, 1 Tour de France win in 5 years post-purchase.

Purchases 33% stake in Mercedes F1 team at end of 2020.  3 WDC's in 3 seasons pre-purchase, 0 WDC's in 3 seasons post-purchase.

I think it’s fairly clear to see that Rat’s approach is “you pay for it, I’ll ruffle some feathers”. The Glazers aren’t going to be investing huge money into the club and id be very surprised if Rat does long-term either. The project is enormous to turn around as it’s been left to fall apart for over a decade

5 hours ago, Menace said:

This. And apparently he was asked if anything in the rumours and he said no he was happy then a few month later his response was a very unapologetic these things happen. 

Never been too enamoured with him prior to joining us and never felt a good fit. Hopefully gets sorted soon on our terms and we can all move on. Apparently his contract his very front loaded so if nothing else we are protected it seems.

2 hours ago, Eveready said:

Has Brexit Branson actually improved any sports team he's purchased a stake in?

Absolutely fucking beautiful pseudonym.

10 hours ago, Paully said:

I'm already sick of this Ratcliffe gobshite but he needs to pay the going rate for a "10/10 sporting director" and then we can all move on - tosser!

“I think Dan Ashworth is a 10/10 sporting director — one of the best around. He would be very good for Manchester United. It is understandable that somebody like Dan would see the Manchester United job as a very interesting challenge at this stage of his career.

“Ultimately, you can't really criticise Dan for looking at maybe the most coveted job in football as a sporting director, particularly with the challenge at Manchester United. What doesn't make sense is for Dan Ashworth to be sat doing nothing for 18 months.”

Shot himself in the foot with the 10/10 sporting director comment, as he has basically saying he wants him  and nobody else.

The big issue seller need to pay a sum we find reasonable which is nowhere near the £2m they are offering.

On 02/05/2024 at 13:24, gbandit said:

I think it’s fairly clear to see that Rat’s approach is “you pay for it, I’ll ruffle some feathers”. The Glazers aren’t going to be investing huge money into the club and id be very surprised if Rat does long-term either. The project is enormous to turn around as it’s been left to fall apart for over a decade

2 out of the 3 public deals so far suggest he's a tight fisted bloke. 

1. New Stadium - attempt to get tax payers to pay for it

2. Dan Ashworth - cry to the press about unfair cost, while offering £2m

3. Wilcox - done wtih no fuss

I'd be very surprised if any money is really invested in Man U, beyond what they'd normally have had. 

1 minute ago, OCK said:

2 out of the 3 public deals so far suggest he's a tight fisted bloke. 

1. New Stadium - attempt to get tax payers to pay for it

2. Dan Ashworth - cry to the press about unfair cost, while offering £2m

3. Wilcox - done wtih no fuss

I'd be very surprised if any money is really invested in Man U, beyond what they'd normally have had. 

Maybe Southampton weren't well defended contractually? I got the impression from the media they were caught with their pants down.

20 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Hopefully we just refuse to go to arbitration. Don't think they can enforce it? Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is both parties need to agree to it, or it needs to be in the contract.

34 minutes ago, OCK said:

I thought he owned a minority stake, so he won't use his own money.

people act like he bought the whole club

On 02/05/2024 at 08:41, gbandit said:

Aye, no one gives a fuck. We just want some decent coin and for King Rat to be visited by Rentokil

Stop getting so worked up man.

Manure willing to cover his leg costs shows how badly they are trying to force this without a reasonable club to club resolution as many would expect and we have done so with Brighton. Neither would have a leg to stand on but can't see us entertaining it anyway. 

Fuck them both. 

2 hours ago, Arknor said:

I thought he owned a minority stake, so he won't use his own money.

people act like he bought the whole club

27.7%, rising to 28.9% at the end of the year. Hardly the main man.

Tbh I just want NUFC to get the most money it can get out of this, whatever is reasonable. Anything over £10m seems reasonable to me. I don't care how quick he goes over there, I don't care about Man Utd and how quick him going there might 'help them'. I just want the money in our coffers ASAP so we can use it and get on with things. 

If he goes after the summer window I think his buy-out value is going to plummet. I think I'm in the minority but I really don't care for making Dan sit on gardening leave for 18 months and us getting nothing as a result, we don't gain anything tangible out of that. Get the money and move on.

Apparently we need £6m before 30th June to avoid ffp issues, a bit like forest on a smaller scale. I reckon that'll be the agreed amount mid June. 

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Apparently we need £6m before 30th June to avoid ffp issues, a bit like forest on a smaller scale. I reckon that'll be the agreed amount mid June. 

Prefer to take the 4pt deduction. Where has the needing 6m come from though? Don't remember seeing that anywhere.