Nick Pope

Rich

In hindsight the deal to sign Pope is one of the best pieces of business we've ever done in terms of transfer value. It's up there with Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko etc

10 mil these days is nowt and should really equate to an average squad player, not someone who's a guaranteed starter every week for a team pushing the Euro spots.

6 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

In hindsight the deal to sign Pope is one of the best pieces of business we've ever done in terms of transfer value. It's up there with Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko etc

10 mil these days is nowt and should really equate to an average squad player, not someone who's a guaranteed starter every week for a team pushing the Euro spots.

Definitely. Same with all of our first team signings [don't forget the youth we brought in]. They've all hit the ground running, more or less.

Pope I thought would be equal to Dubs, he's much better

Botman i thought would develop into a rock, and he's already there

Isak looked like a high risk high return gamble, but he looks ready to destroy the league.

Still early days of course, but the character that Howe keeps speaking of is clear to see.

43 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

My man.

Backing the right man for a change. :bluestar:

He's absolutely brilliant, like. I thought he'd be a marginal upgrade on Dubs, but he's already far surpassed my expectations. It's a shame the T-rex marra seems to be doing well at the moment, because I'd love to have Pope at the WC as England's No. 1.

He’s fucking class. Just has a canny knack of getting any part of his body in the way when making a save. There’s a calmness about him in everything he does, as well. 

That throw to set Fraser away on a counter. Who cares about his kicking when he can hoss it up there like Steve Brackley launching a javelin.  

14 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

He’s fucking class. Just has a canny knack of getting any part of his body in the way when making a save. There’s a calmness about him in everything he does, as well. 

That throw to set Fraser away on a counter. Who cares about his kicking when he can hoss it up there like Steve Brackley launching a javelin.  

If it's the same one I remember, I thought he'd misjudged that throw before it hit the deck and bounced into Fraser's path. He'd judged it perfectly.