Nick Pope

Rich

Read up on it when I saw he was from Soham but wiki and a couple of other things seemed to suggest he went to a different school unless he moved after. Can’t imagine it’s something he’s particularly keen to bring up. 

I remember being on a family holiday in London at the time, can remember being in Islington as a kid and it’s stayed with me till now. Child murders and abuse never fades away, it’s the most despicable thing imaginable 

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dubravka similar level to Pope and without the benefit of a class defence in front of him.

I rate Pope far higher tbh. Just looks all round a far more assured keeper. Dubravka was good, but I was never convinced with him when crosses were getting put into our box. In saying that I'm surprised he's had no game time whatsoever at Man Utd, not even in the Europa League.

12 hours ago, Holloway said:

like his all round game but what a weakness his footwork is, he's like a fucking giraffe on the deck,like

If his kicking was better, I'm not sure he would be playing for us and I doubt he would have been at Burnley for so long.  

Bit of a cliched saying, similar to if X's end product was better, he wouldn't be playing for us.  But I think it applies here.  In terms of commanding his area, playing high and sweeping up and his general shot stopping.  He is outrageously good and up there with the top keepers in the league. 

I really like his quick throws and roll outs, anyway.  His kicking doesn't piss me off as much as others, it seems.  I really rated Krul when he was here in his prime.  I feel like his kicking was worse. 

We have Botman and Schar to do all the fancy stuff back there :D