Nick Pope

Rich

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Dubravka will be more then fine like, we also have Karius as backup, we don't need to be getting a keeper on a short term deal.

Do that and they'll likely just want to leave, can't expect them to sit patiently as back up keepers to sign a replacement when Pope gets injured.

Just now, WideopenMag said:

Do that and they'll likely just want to leave, can't expect them to sit patiently as back up keepers to sign a replacement when Pope gets injured.

I’m just expecting that whoever comes in to replace an injured player, will step up to the mark and do a job! As have others when needed under Eddie :indi:

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

I’m just expecting that whoever comes in to replace an injured player, will step up to the mark and do a job! As have others when needed under Eddie :indi:

Yea I back Dubravka to do well and Karius too if called upon.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Wouldn't surprise me if a new GK will become a priority in the summer mind.

I've been of the opinion that we'd be replacing Pope in the next year or so for a while. 

Wouldn't be too surprised if we are linked with a few in the summer now. 

6 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I've been of the opinion that we'd be replacing Pope in the next year or so for a while. 

Wouldn't be too surprised if we are linked with a few in the summer now. 

It's a shame it has to be this way, but the best we can probably hope for now is that he heals up well, comes on as a sub for a round of applause in the last game of the season, then proves fit enough for us to sell on in the summer for a handsome profit. It's like Lord Byron said, 'Fare thee well, Nick Pope! And if for ever, still for ever fare thee well'.

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

5 months for such an innocuous dive where the ball didn't even reach him.

Cursed this season

Mental when you think how many times a week he does the same dive in training

Must fuck you mentally when you are back fit as well

Lets just keep playing like we did against Man utd. He didnt have much to do there :)

Even though I think Pope have been an important part of getting us to where we are now, I also think he was up for replacement soon enough. Need a keeper who is better with his feets going forward.

Awful timing though. Feel bad for him :(

24 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Wouldn't surprise me if a new GK will become a priority in the summer mind.

Think we'd need to soon enough anyway if we've got ambitions to look at competing for the title.

He's a really really good keeper but he'll never be elite for me.

He's fine for where we are now and he's been a great buy for the £10m or whatever it was we spent on him but we need better if we're serious about challenging imho.

Think Pope is a top-quality keeper & this is a big blow. Lots of teams have spend a ton of money and got significantly worse than him. Kicking aside, he's a great shot stopper, proactive under the high ball, great at one-on-ones and very quick off his line to sweep up, which has allowed us to play high up with relatively slow defenders.

Dubs is a perfectly good backup though so hopefully he steps up.

Edited by Checko
spelling

6 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Think we'd need to soon enough anyway if we've got ambitions to look at competing for the title.

He's a really really good keeper but he'll never be elite for me.

He's fine for where we are now and he's been a great buy for the £10m or whatever it was we spent on him but we need better if we're serious about challenging imho.

Aye. If he could kick a football he'd be one of the very best in the world.