Nick Pope

Rich

Happy to add to the chorus of approval, I’m not going to get excited about the signing but it makes a lot of sense and is a position we need to fill. I imagine in the long-term Howe will want a keeper who’s great with his feet but we’re not there yet and don’t need to be just yet 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

There are so many reasons why this is  good deal for where we are at. Again we have gone for a proven international with plenty of experience.

Agree, Dubs and Pope instead of Dubs and Darlow.   Upgraded - keeper situation sorted.   What's not to like?

18 minutes ago, STM said:

There are so many reasons why this is  good deal for where we are at. Again we have gone for a proven international with plenty of experience.

Mr 8 caps "Proven" international. Stretching a bit there I think ;-)

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Mr 8 caps "Proven" international. Stretching a bit there I think ;-)

He's proven and an international. I know what I mean. :lol:

3 minutes ago, STM said:

He's proven and an international. I know what I mean. :lol:

I think we'll all be a hell of a lot more relaxed with this signing when we see which forwards are coming in. Be nice to have a reason to watch England if Pope and Trippier are both involved though. (and Wilson!)

I personally think Pope is better than Pickford, however TBF Pickford has done virtually nothing wrong in an England shirt.

The more I think about this deal and the fact he adds to our English quota, it's a cracking transfer.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

I personally think Pope is better than Pickford, however TBF Pickford has done virtually nothing wrong in an England shirt.

The more I think about this deal and the fact he adds to our English quota, it's a cracking transfer.

Absolutely. Pickford has better distribution but Pope is less erratic.

The one thing about Pope... there can't be many bigger goalkeepers in the league. He always seems an absolute giant. Very commanding in the box.

Edit: I just had a little look and he's not the tallest keeper,at 6ft 3, in the league but he seems taller than most. He's certainly taller than Dubravka, who might actually be one of the shorter keepers.

Edited by STM

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

Pickford has kept playing well for England when his club form hasn't been good.

20 minutes ago, STM said:

Absolutely. Pickford has better distribution but Pope is less erratic.

The one thing about Pope... there can't be many bigger goalkeepers in the league. He always seems an absolute giant. Very commanding in the box.

Edit: I just had a little look and he's not the tallest keeper,at 6ft 3, in the league but he seems taller than most. He's certainly taller than Dubravka, who might actually be one of the shorter keepers.

Exactly the same height, so I guess it just shows how Pope commands his area.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I know Wiki says so, but bollocks is Dubravka 6ft 3in. :lol:

Edited by NEEJ

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Dubravka is 6ft 1 and Pope 6ft 3, from what I read.