Nick Pope: "on track" for return before end of season (Hope)

Rich

36 minutes ago, STM said:

Looking on a Burnley forum, which is always a great way of judging a potential signing, they seem to think he was one of the best keepers they have ever had and are disappointed at the fee.

My memory isn’t great but I’m sure there was a time when he was being talked about as the best English keeper. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

My memory isn’t great but I’m sure there was a time when he was being talked about as the best English keeper. 

Yeah I remember that too, possibly around the last World Cup 

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, you are right he was lauded as our future number 1 for years.  I wonder if being at Burnley prevented this and that's why we have a short keeper with short arms as our number 1.  It's crazy though, as we always produced amazing keepers, we normally had several world class at the same time and now we would be extremely hard pressed to convince anyone that any of them are world class.  Whatever world class means, none of them are getting in a top 4 side though

1 hour ago, STM said:

Looking on a Burnley forum, which is always a great way of judging a potential signing, they seem to think he was one of the best keepers they have ever had and are disappointed at the fee.

That really does say a lot. He's obviously a very good keeper if he's in the England camp.

We’ll get £4m or £5m for Darlow so great signing at that price!

I don’t think he’s much of an upgrade on Dubs (albeit I’m his biggest fan!) but he’s miles better that Darlow!

It’s nice to have two quality keepers!

Edited by Paully