James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

If Maddison replaced Willock from today it wouldn't mean Bruno would have to go deeper. Maddison could also play where Ritchie was and do a much more effective version of that. 

You don't have to play a midfielder on your 18 yard line that's just what Shelvey does. 

Wilson/Werner

ASM           Maddison        Almiron

Big Joe          Bruno 

Pretty sexual. Those 3 would be completely interchangeable with ASM/Maddison/Almiron all able to play across the park and switch throughout the game. Adding in Cornet or another Winger/Forward into that and its potent. 

While the next step is adding another destroyer or CM I think we have enough with Longstaff, Shelvey and Willock until January at least. I really liked Longstaffs performance yesterday playing deeper and sweeping up. He seems like he is slowly getting back on track to the potential we saw under Rafa. 

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Not really. Bruno played from deep in most of his best games last year. He’ll still pop up in the box.

we’d be dominating games and Big Jow would be tasked with holding his runs to get back and help out. 

To the outside observer it seems mad Leicester would even contemplate selling but you do wonder if they need to sell at least one this summer to keep the books steady even more so with it looking like Tielemans will run his deal down. 

Much like the Paqueta semi links and despite a love of a ball playing free spirit players I reckon the money could be so much better used if the bid is genuine albeit what a statement it’d be. Not that he wouldn’t improve us yugely.

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

To the outside observer it seems mad Leicester would even contemplate selling but you do wonder if they need to sell at least one this summer to keep the books steady even more so with it looking like Tielemans will run his deal down. 

Much like the Paqueta semi links and despite a love of a ball playing free spirit players I reckon the money could be so much better used if the bid is genuine albeit what a statement it’d be. Not that he wouldn’t improve us yugely.

Do tell us more discman, you feel the money would be better used on a dedicated striker:winger?

im guessing you also think it’s a bit of a round peg square hole?

21 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Do tell us more discman, you feel the money would be better used on a dedicated striker:winger?

im guessing you also think it’s a bit of a round peg square hole?

All of the above especially if we’re going to persist with the 4-3-3 that has worked well to date and is the reason Madison doesn’t get picked for England and even in a 4-1-4-1 doesn’t play as much as he likes for Leicester. Don’t get me wrong though, we sign him and he’s straight in the team as a he or the best players. 

I’m in a minority but singing a proper athletic DM would be my priority. Frees Bruno up, semi fucks Shelvey off even if he’s improved massively and improves the defence too. A shite Fabinho/Fernandinho type would improve us beyond belief. Obviously as you say forwards also needed but I’m not sure the market is lending itself to them currently. 

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

All of the above especially if we’re going to persist with the 4-3-3 that has worked well to date and is the reason Madison doesn’t get picked for England and even in a 4-1-4-1 doesn’t play as much as he likes for Leicester. Don’t get me wrong though, we sign him and he’s straight in the team as a he or the best players. 

I’m in a minority but singing a proper athletic DM would be my priority. Frees Bruno up, semi fucks Shelvey off even if he’s improved massively and improves the defence too. A shite Fabinho/Fernandinho type would improve us beyond belief. Obviously as you say forwards also needed but I’m not sure the market is lending itself to them currently. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Interesting you mention DM’s as we haven’t really been linked with any. 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Interesting you mention DM’s as we haven’t really been linked with any. 

I can understand why not as we’re passable there without signing one but IMO if you look at any good team having a top DM improves as much as signing a 30 goal a season player. Fabinho, Kante, Casemiro are game changers and you’d love to sign the next one off the rank. 

Id assume, currently, Bruno is the long term plan there but being overly harsh he’s not good enough defensively IMO (if we want to challenge for Yewrup) unless it’s 4231 with someone alongside. 

Guess we’ll see. Love the idea of a Joe-Bruno-Joe midfield against the lesser likes but fear it’d be ripped to shreds against anyone half decent.

12 minutes ago, Disco said:

Said similar this earlier on in the window but was shot down in flames by a couple Paqueta fetishists. Would love Maddison here though like you say I can't see where he fits in especially if we persist with the 4-3-3.

Still maintain we've failed a bit if Wood is anywhere near a league starting lineup. Wilson's track record proves he will get injured at some point in the season and the club must know that. If we don't sign a striker it's nigh on self harm. 

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Said similar this earlier on in the window but was shot down in flames by a couple Paqueta fetishists. Would love Maddison here though like you say I can't see where he fits in especially if we persist with the 4-3-3.

Still maintain we've failed a bit if Wood is anywhere near a league starting lineup. Wilson's track record proves he will get injured at some point in the season and the club must know that. If we don't sign a striker it's nigh on self harm. 

Why do you have a picture of Joelinton holding a bag of coke? :lol: (I know it's photoshopped, I'm just entertained by the thought you did that yourself for some reason :lol:

Edited by Kaizero

Just now, Kaizero said:

Why do you have a picture of Joelinton holding a bag of coke? :lol: (I know it's photoshopped, I'm just enthused by the thought you did that yourself for some reason :lol:) 

:lol: I would love to say it was my work but I found it on Twitter around about this time last year when a few of our players got their COVID vaccines (you can see the 'I'm vaccinated' sticker on the photo just above the crest). Just found it funny. 

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Where does Paqueta fit in in a 433 ? 

On the right of the middle 3 and Bruno at the base, He's given more license to get forward and support like an inside forward and Joe is more taxed at covering. And we do t have to stay 433.

While I'm on re Paqueta he could also play right on a front 3. There's no reason that position has to be a touchline hugging winger, it can be played narrower allowing him, the midfielder or even full back provide that width also.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

While I'm on re Paqueta he could also play right on a front 3. There's no reason that position has to be a touchline hugging winger, it can be played narrower allowing him, the midfielder or even full back provide that width also.

We do seem to be playing narrower out wide and letting fullbacks/ others overlap so I think this would def work.

Also, I’m desperate to get Paqueta :lol:

52 minutes ago, LV said:

We do seem to be playing narrower out wide and letting fullbacks/ others overlap so I think this would def work.

Also, I’m desperate to get Paqueta :lol:

I could also see Maddison there mind. Though surprisingly if the media can be believed Paqueta would be cheaper.