James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

18 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Wilson

ASM                        Werner

Maddison

Big Joe           Bruno

Be well pleased with that 

fa1.gif

He walks into our side alongside Bruno and Joelinton. We then have Shelvey, Longstaff and Willock as really good backup.

I would be suprised if we don't sign a forward as well, but we'll likely be leaving it late hoping for one of our top targets to become available for a good price before settling for Cornet/Sarr/a loan etc.

14 minutes ago, STM said:

At least top 6 IMO. In 12 months ASM will have gone from our most important player to our weakest in that front 6 and that's not a criticism of him.

I guess I seem to be in the minority on here regarding ASM. But I really think people are undervaluing him. 

He's still a remarkable talent and has fantastic ability. I hope he can prove people wrong but I feel it's gonna be a never ending..."well what have u done for me lately" which is often the case with flair players who have up and down form.

1 minute ago, alexf said:

I guess I seem to be in the minority on here regarding ASM. But I really think people are undervaluing him. 

He's still a remarkable talent and has fantastic ability. I hope he can prove people wrong but I feel it's gonna be a never ending..."well what have u done for me lately" which is often the case with flair players who have up and down form.

He's looked impressive pre season, also seems to be passing the ball more. He's been our only really attacking threat in the past leading to teams doubling up on him, he needs space, hopefully this season will be his time to shine again.

It sounds like Maddison is actually available at a price though, which is hurdle number one.

If Anderson goes out on loan to the Champo and is successful, his value will soar even if he does not look like reaching Maddison's level. Liverpool and City, surely the model we need to follow, end up selling a lot of their prospects and buying better with the boost they receive from doing this.