James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

50 minutes ago, Deputy Dawg UK said:

We are mates now lol … I hover around but always welcome kanjis posts ???

Not your fucking mate, pal. 

Edited by Kanji

53 minutes ago, Deputy Dawg UK said:

We are mates now lol … I hover around but always welcome kanjis posts ???

Just playing, fucking love @Deputy Dawg UK - his old tag line of "not Kanji's mate" fucking killed me (edit: shows up as his Rank on his profile :lol:), his incredible avatar and whenever he's showing up adding to this place. :thup:

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He actually said this? What a terrible take.

Tbh I agree with all of that. Apart from the Wilson bit but that sounds like a stream of consciousness thing rather than him genuinely wishing our only decent striker gets injured :lol:

I'd love Maddison at NUFC but I'd be shocked if it happens. Yes the owners seem competent now blah blah blah, but they seem to have balked at fees abroad then bid well below asking price in the famously expensive PL market for a well established player who is of a famously expensive nationality. 

The only way it makes sense is if it gets done, or if we're not throwing too much at it in terms of resources that could be focusing on other players. Otherwise it was an odd one when it surfaced and still seems an odd one now. 

52 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s not just hope tho, almost every journo who reports on newcastle have spoke about this budget. Douglas, edwards, hope, Waugh, downie and graves. Are they all making it up or have they been briefed ? 

52 minutes ago, gdm said:

Howe knows! [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Oh and I’m 100% positive he’s still on here as a member and even posts, if you’re reading mate, you’ve done well for yourself and keep it up :thup:

Cheers mate :thup:

2 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Interesting to learn that. He hated Michael Edwards at LFC. Used his media mates to ramp up the pressure against LFC transfer committee. Tried to get them replaced but FSG stood firm on that aspect. It got really weird his penultimate season when he started playing Edwards signings out of their position to make them look bad - Firmino at right wing, Emre Can at right back. 

I really rate Rodgers football acumen. But it is interesting to see that the same issues are continuing. 

It's because he's a massive prick regardless of his football acumen.

2 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Interesting to learn that. He hated Michael Edwards at LFC. Used his media mates to ramp up the pressure against LFC transfer committee. Tried to get them replaced but FSG stood firm on that aspect. It got really weird his penultimate season when he started playing Edwards signings out of their position to make them look bad - Firmino at right wing, Emre Can at right back. 

I really rate Rodgers football acumen. But it is interesting to see that the same issues are continuing. 

I think one thing sums him up. The physio we had was part of the furniture, widely respected, excellent at his job, but not a yes man. We had an amazing injury record pre Rodgers, he clearly disagreed with Rodgers methods and got bombed out. Since then out injury record has been a disgrace. We’ve swapped club docs about three times, as Rodgers doesn’t seem to accept his methods are the issue.

Now repeat that in most departments and areas of the club. 

I know people are probably sick of hearing about Paqueta since we have never had a serious link with him, but I always thought that was because we weren't really in the market for an AM. But we know his club will sell if the price is right, so if we are talking about £60m, would that not be worth asking the question? There are rumours that if City sell Bernardo Silva they will move for Paqueta, but what's to stop us chucking in a bid and seeing if he'll bite?

1 hour ago, gdm said:

I’ll keep an open mind but as someone said hope was spot on with the lawyer appointment and the Carrick brother appointment why wouldn’t he know about transfers. 

You don't see a difference in player transfers and lawyer/U18s-coach appointment? Of course Hope gets told some things. I promise this is the last time I say this this summer but we would be absolutely fucking braindead if we were telling the press exact numbers about what we are planning to do in the transfer market. Give me one good reason for letting the whole world know truthfully how much we are going to spend in a transfer window?

13 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

I think one thing sums him up. The physio we had was part of the furniture, widely respected, excellent at his job, but not a yes man. We had an amazing injury record pre Rodgers, he clearly disagreed with Rodgers methods and got bombed out. Since then out injury record has been a disgrace. We’ve swapped club docs about three times, as Rodgers doesn’t seem to accept his methods are the issue.

Now repeat that in most departments and areas of the club. 

Posts like this are why it’s really worthwhile having educated fans of other teams on the forum. Been plenty of bollocks spouted about Leicester on this thread due to people getting precious about a Leicester forum - then you get insight like this that I’d garner 99% of us had no idea about but that gives visibility to some of the frustration for Leicester fans, and also empathy to the number of managers we have had follow this same path in the last god knows how many decades, then the frustration we have felt when other fans have discounted those frustrations. 

11 minutes ago, PRL said:

Posts like this are why it’s really worthwhile having educated fans of other teams on the forum. Been plenty of bollocks spouted about Leicester on this thread due to people getting precious about a Leicester forum - then you get insight like this that I’d garner 99% of us had no idea about but that gives visibility to some of the frustration for Leicester fans, and also empathy to the number of managers we have had follow this same path in the last god knows how many decades, then the frustration we have felt when other fans have discounted those frustrations. 

:thup: The spiky responses this guy has been getting have been annoying. He seems knowledgeable and reasonable, would rather read his posts than ones from our own fans bragging about our new found wealth etc. 

Edited by Interpolic

I signed up to that Leicester forum yesterday and made a post about their expected points last season that was really complimentary about Leicester as a club. Was met with a torrent of abuse before my post got deleted and I was banned right away. Got legit angry ( :lol: ) as some of the best posters here are fans of other clubs and it's always interesting to read things from their perspective. 

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

I signed up to that Leicester forum yesterday and made a post about their expected points last season that was really complimentary about Leicester as a club. Was met with a torrent of abuse before my post got deleted and I was banned right away. Got legit angry ( :lol: ) as some of the best posters here are fans of other clubs and it's always interesting to read things from their perspective. 

Yea they dont seem to have a very high opinion of us over there :lol:

Sounds like they didn’t like your Pata, hahahahahah.

Joking aside, forums can be such weird places with really similar social dynamics to the real world where people are exclusionary and aggressive illogically. This forum was led by a bit more of an iron fist by Dave but it’s always been fairly welcoming to even a lot of shit posters. Getting a ban only happens after a pretty high threshold 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Sounds like they didn’t like your Pata, hahahahahah.

Joking aside, forums can be such weird places with really similar social dynamics to the real world where people are exclusionary and aggressive illogically. This forum was led by a bit more of an iron fist by Dave but it’s always been fairly welcoming to even a lot of shit posters. Getting a ban only happens after a pretty high threshold 

Bring back Dave

17 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:thup: The spiky responses this guy has been getting have been annoying. He seems knowledgeable and reasonable, would rather read his posts than ones from our own fans bragging about our new found wealth etc. 

Yeah, but when some of our own fans have pointed out the same failings of the egomaniac Brenda Rodgers they get some pretty spiky responses.

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah, but when some of our own fans have pointed out the same failings of the egomaniac Brenda Rodgers they get some pretty spiky responses.

Its pretty basic. I can slag off my club but if a fan of some other club slags off my club I'll get arsey.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Its pretty basic. I can slag off my club but if a fan of some other club slags off my club I'll get arsey.

Yup. Football and family. Same applies