James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

With an attacking/dynamic LB he could be a decent option as an inverted wide player on the left too. Him and Arda Guler would be class. Would give us options both wide and centrally.

Edited by Ikon

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Good question, and raises the issue of where Maddison will fit in. No idea personally, unless we're going to 4-2-3-1.

There is a video on Twitter where he talks about his responsibilities when playing as an #8 so if we do sign him it will be either there or wide right I think.

It doesn’t hurt to have the players to swap up formations but if Howe was thinking 4-2-3-1 at any point then it’s hard to believe he would have shoehorned Isak out on the left at the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/nufcgallowgate/status/1668194244534710273?s=46

21 minutes ago, SteV said:

£65m would make him one of the most expensive ‘one year left’ players in history 

Presumably we’d be negotiating a new contract with him at the same time.

4 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

He missed an absolute sitter for us with that Watford lad.

It ended up being wrong, but the info was right at the time. He was coming and then something (Wilson injury / more money / Isak discount) changed our plans. Just look at who broke the Pedro to Brighton news - he clearly has a source close to the player.

15 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

65 million package... We must be bidding 30 mil + Ryan Frazer.

Well if they are going to quote silly figures I might as well! 

65m £ for a player in last year and also for a club that is having serious issues with their economy is a laugh. They have no cards while everyone buying from them have a full house.

He'll be able to play as an attacking 8, 10, and LW/RW. Versatility Eddie loves. He'll be our key door unlocker. We desperately need players who are ball players like Bruno in addition to our runners. I have 0 doubts about his adaptability. We had no clue half of our players could be pressing machines until they were COACHED to do so. 

Again, we are talking in EXACT fees. The line between a 40m deal and a 60m deal can be blurred by instalments and clauses.

I'd be looking at 40m plus another 10m after so many matches and goal contributions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them interested in a few of our fringe players. Lascelles would be a great signing for Leicester.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Will Tripps still be on free kicks if he comes?

They'll probably trade off, which makes it even more exciting. I could see Trips on corners to allow for Maddison short or top of box for long range howitzers 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He'll be able to play as an attacking 8, 10, and LW/RW. Versatility Eddie loves. He'll be our key door unlocker. We desperately need players who are ball players like Bruno in addition to our runners. I have 0 doubts about his adaptability. We had no clue half of our players could be pressing machines until they were COACHED to do so. 

Whilst I agree with the versatility, I’m hesitant to play him on the right as the triangle movement and runs on that side are based on the RW and Longstaff’s movement. I really don’t know where I’d play him in the team, but we definitely need the preseason to figure it out 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Again, we are talking in EXACT fees. The line between a 40m deal and a 60m deal can be blurred by instalments and clauses.

I'd be looking at 40m plus another 10m after so many matches and goal contributions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them interested in a few of our fringe players. Lascelles would be a great signing for Leicester.

wouldn’t be surprised if there is some speculative clauses in there about CL progression etc, allows teams to save face by announcing “a fee that could rise to £60m”

He could easily play in Miggys position but play it in an entirely different way...

Bruno

Longstaff         

Willock

Maddison        Joelinton                           Isak

Trippier gives us mountains of width and Madders and Longstaff could make those runs into space wide or centrally.

Tripper is key to everything down that side because he plays more as a RM than a RB.

Edit: tried fucking about with the above formation but it won't sit properly.

Edited by STM

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

wouldn’t be surprised if there is some speculative clauses in there about CL progression etc, allows teams to save face by announcing “a fee that could rise to £60m”

Aye, we've probably knocked the "CL qualification" clause on the head like. [emoji38]

Wonder if we made any payments to Sociedad, Lyon or Lille off the back of champions league qualification