James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

2 hours ago, madras said:

Huh ?

What do you mean?

If I was single and rich and a celeb I'd be buzzing in London frequenting the clubs and all the nightlife and attention and models etc, having fun

But If I've got a kid and 2 others incoming I'd much prefer a quieter life to raise a family in a nice North East suburb and focusing on my football and family life in a lower-key environment.

It's not some groundbreaking thesis.

7 minutes ago, Mountain said:

What do you mean?

If I was single and rich and a celeb I'd be buzzing in London frequenting the clubs and all the nightlife and attention and models etc, having fun

But If I've got a kid and 2 others incoming I'd much prefer a quieter life to raise a family in a nice North East suburb and focusing on my football and family life in a lower-key environment.

It's not some groundbreaking thesis.

Why do you think many others in the same situation do exactly that (live in London) ? It's not like they'll be in a flat in Peckham. Now me personally, I dont like the place, I breath easier on the train when heading North but I can see its attractions for others, especially if rich.

Now, what you said was about 2 kids and no marriage wasnt it ? See what got the reaction?

Edited by madras

8 minutes ago, madras said:

Why do you think many others in the same situation do exactly that (live in London) ? It's not like they'll be in a flat in Peckham. Now me personally, I dont like the place, I breath easier on the train when heading North but I can see its attractions for others, especially if rich.

Now, what you said was about 2 kids and no marriage wasnt it ? See what got the reaction?

Yeah he's got her up the duff twice but won't commit which is interesting as he's keeping his options open, London could be fun for him.

I'd do the same, playas gonna play.

22 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Yeah he's got her up the duff twice but won't commit which is interesting as he's keeping his options open, London could be fun for him.

I'd do the same, playas gonna play.

Commit to what ?

3 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Lads, it's not 1924 anymore.  Couples can have kids without being married and 'That London' isn't an unending combination of Sodom, Gomorrah and a 90s Ibiza club bathroom :lol:

Haddaway, man. Have you not seen Our Friends in the North? 

Always find it mad how people think signing a piece of paper with someone that can be undone without giving any reason is a commitment, but the shared, lifelong responsibility of having children with someone isn't on its own :lol: Indoctrination has loads to answer for.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Shame as he’s a brilliant player and would have been ideal for us in terms of creativity. However I do feel his injury record would have made it a massive risk considering the intensity at which we play.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rumours he’s agreed personal terms with them at around 195k per week. Not sure how true mind but that’s a lot more than he’s worth imo.

If true no wonder he’s so keen on going to spurs :lol:

No chance we are giving him that.  

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rumours he’s agreed personal terms with them at around 195k per week. Not sure how true mind but that’s a lot more than he’s worth imo.

I thought it was 175 but aye either way we aren’t paying him that. Spurs probably need him as a signing more than we Do but I’d have been happy with him as a signing too. Equally I’m not that

bothered if we don’t sign him really.

Edited by ExiledGeordie