Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

We've played him there before tbf

In Bruce's brainless 5-3-2 at the start of last season, aye. When West Ham, Villa and Southampton wandered through our midfield in consecutive games. :lol:

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Having watched the Cambridge game, I don’t think it’s too outlandish to say his presence transformed our performance levels, simply through his physicality and tactical understanding

I've said it before but nobody who was at that Cambridge game and witnessed the unstructured mess that was our formation up-close will criticise the Wood signing.

Is he a £25m player? Christ no. But which other options were available for that (or less) that wouldn't need any time to adapt to the PL, with the added bonus of weakening a direct rival? Not a great signing. Maybe not even a particularly good one. But definitely not a bad one.

16 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I've said it before but nobody who was at that Cambridge game and witnessed the unstructured mess that was our formation up-close will criticise the Wood signing.

Is he a £25m player? Christ no. But which other options were available for that (or less) that wouldn't need any time to adapt to the PL, with the added bonus of weakening a direct rival? Not a great signing. Maybe not even a particularly good one. But definitely not a bad one.

I didn’t think we’d be in the premier league after witnessing that Cambridge game.

2 hours ago, Joey47 said:

I actually remember seeing us linked to Vitor Roque. Can't remember the source so I doubt it was anyone reliable.

He's number 39 like Bruno which is enough for me. Get him signed [emoji38]

And is playing in the same club [emoji38]

There's a goal.com article about him as well.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/vitor-roque-brazilian-football-new-ronaldo/blt3c8f7e0f143fcb33

Edited by JNK

Oh, and another reason you don't want Berardi: he loses his head. He gets red cards, all the time. For a winger, I feel like you have to try to get sent off.

After a friendly game, Berardi went after a fan who insulted him, trying to fight him, no joke:

That's how he deals with the scrutiny of Sassuolo, what will he do someplace more high-profile?

I think we might look at a CM, but it will be late, late into the window and it will be a loan....unless of course we sign Maddison.

Remember Howe has played Miggy as AM in pre season too.

Another option could be to shift Schar into CDM and play Burn and Botman at the back if we are really short of midfielders. Rather that than play Anderson or Matty Longstaff at this stage. 

1 minute ago, CPL said:

Another option could be to shift Schar into CDM and play Burn and Botman at the back if we are really short of midfielders. Rather that than play Anderson or Matty Longstaff at this stage. 

Or bring back Colo to play as a CDM!

11 minutes ago, CPL said:

Gerrin

6 minutes ago, Milanista said:

Why didn't Botman start your first game? How has he looked in pre-season?

He played Burn and Schar together in our pre-season games and they were magnificent last season. Probably wants to ease Botman in slowly like he did with Bruno. 

We also play Liverpool and Man City early on so could be a perfect excuse to drop Burn after those games.

7 minutes ago, Milanista said:

Why didn't Botman start your first game? How has he looked in pre-season?

The manager did the same with Bruno, let him sample the atmosphere, the pace of the league etc.. got 2 mins at the end, it’ll be 5 mins the next game.. then 20. It’s the right thing to do. Even great players can be caught out a bit by this league.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

In Bruce's brainless 5-3-2 at the start of last season, aye. When West Ham, Villa and Southampton wandered through our midfield in consecutive games. :lol:

Yeah, because under Bruce everyone wandered through our midfield and defence all the time.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, because under Bruce everyone wandered through our midfield and defence all the time.

I'm quite comfortable with Eddie deciding tbh.  It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a different system but not yet and if we do it will be against a club where he thinks the chances of winning are not optimal. Most of the time we will play our own game.