Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

54 minutes ago, gdm said:

I know I hate his name being mentioned but I actually reckon we’ll throw a bid in for Paqueta in the last week of the window 

https://themastermindsite.com/2022/08/06/game-of-numbers-1-lucas-paqueta-the-bernardo-silva-role/

Interesting analysis on how Paqueta played in the first match of the season for Lyon - much deeper than people come to know about him. He played a very disciplined box to box #8 role and really ran the show. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Has that dude been reliable at all? I posted him a couple of times back in January but only because I mixed him up with Romano. 

He basically just tweets what other journalists say, regardless of how reliable they are.

52 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I reckon Ekitike money plus overdraft says we get at least one high level attacking player. I've no idea who it'll be.

I'm not convinced we'll sign anyone else now tbh. I've no doubt they're trying, but I doubt we'll be wasting money on people we don't actually want, just because the ones we want won't join. I reckon we'll save the budget (unless someone of the right ilk becomes available on loan).

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm not convinced we'll sign anyone else now tbh. I've no doubt they're trying, but I doubt we'll be wasting money on people we don't actually want, just because the ones we want won't join. I reckon we'll save the budget (unless someone of the right ilk becomes available on loan).

I'm of that opinion as well. There's been any amount of players traded recently, but we don't seem to fancy any of them. The ones we like are beyond our budget by the looks of it.

Eddie is extremely tight-lipped when it comes to transfers and even he says we’re targeting 1-2 players in attacking positions. He wouldn’t be saying that if he wasn’t almost positive we were bringing in at least one player. Honestly man, there’s still three weeks left 

Last week of the window alone will throw up all kinds of options that were closed doors at this point of the window. There will be a few players from the weekends round of fixtures getting itchy feet. 

I'd love to think we'd be thinking of poaching some of that Barca talent that they have to shift due to shit financies but no CL football and a wage structure we're not willing to break make it a non-starter.

Depay on a free for 2yrs would be decent.

He has ability that's for sure, it's his attitude and mentality that I've always doubted.

I'm sure Howe and the staff will check that out if they plan on going for him though, in which case I'd be very excited by his signings if it were to happen.

12 goals in 28 for Barca last season and

20 goals and 12 assists in 37 for Lyon the season before so he's putting up decent stats still. Plus he'll have played with Bruno already which would be a nice bonus.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

https://themastermindsite.com/2022/08/06/game-of-numbers-1-lucas-paqueta-the-bernardo-silva-role/

Interesting analysis on how Paqueta played in the first match of the season for Lyon - much deeper than people come to know about him. He played a very disciplined box to box #8 role and really ran the show. 

I've always wanted to see more of him there for the national side. Tite tried him there a few times and he always seemed to excel. Some sort of box-to-box player in a way. He's not as creative as the absolute best in the world, but he has this knack for timing his runs in a way similar to (although far inferior of course) as Lampard and I think you get more from him coming from a bit deeper. That being said, his biggest asset is his versatility. Really wanted Tite to try him next to Casemiro until the emergence of Bruno. Now I don't care much for Paqueta, only for our Bruno :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Depay on a free for 2yrs would be decent.

He has ability that's for sure, it's his attitude and mentality that I've always doubted.

I'm sure Howe and the staff will check that out if they plan on going for him though, in which case I'd be very excited by his signings if it were to happen.

12 goals in 28 for Barca last season and

20 goals and 12 assists in 37 for Lyon the season before so he's putting up decent stats still. Plus he'll have played with Bruno already which would be a nice bonus.

His wages are twice our ceiling if it's true he's on 230k/week. I don't see how that's happening.