Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Paqueta must feel really special :lol:

Wheels falling off for Moyes

Hes a bitter cunt who doesnt like taking much blame he showed it at the mackems. Early days mind and am usually wrong do expect them to finish 6th again

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Paqueta seems to have been a link pushed by fans more than the club really. I think if we were genuinely interested in him we’d sign him given his pal is here. Ofcourse there’s still time in the window for that to change 

Well yesterday I never would have thought we'd be signing Isak either.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Paqueta seems to have been a link pushed by fans more than the club really. I think if we were genuinely interested in him we’d sign him given his pal is here. Ofcourse there’s still time in the window for that to change 

He was linked by Hardy at the start of the window. Now Waugh, Edwards and Hardy have tentatively linked him over the last week. The fans are also pushing it mind.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think Paqueta ends up at West Ham. Maybe not here, but not West Ham either.

Would be brilliant for the fans if he did. Great for a player in a new environment to be wanted so much. If the price is £33.4m then I don’t see why we wouldn’t, even if it means instead of Pedro.

Wasn't the rumour that we were after Paqueta in January, but ended up signing Bruno instead? Paqueta, Isak and Diaby have been consistently linked by journos as players we've been monitoring for a long time.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think Paqueta ends up at West Ham. Maybe not here, but not West Ham either.

I don't see how moving to West Ham is going to work for him, he'd better staying put until the next window, it would be a backwards step.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The good news is that the West Ham link should put it to bed either way. If we do have any interest at all in signing him we have to make a move in the coming days

Good point, aye. It's very much an Isak one where it's been mentioned in passing multiple times going back to before January. We've either successfully waited out Sociedad or something (Wilson's paper hamstrings) has forced our hand. Lyon accepting an offer for Paqueta might well do the same here, although I know it's not there yet. Lyon clearly trying to force an auction, which is completely sensible from their POV.

7 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

If we want Paqueta we’d have him.

I think we could be waiting for a club to have a bid accepted for him, so we then know how much we have to bid. Saves time with the selling club taking the piss because it’s us 

There's been plenty of interest in him from lots of different clubs.

As Moyes said they've been hoying bids around left right and centre, Lyon/Paqueta's camp have probably let this one slip to force some movement and maybe get some sort of auction going as it's getting closer to crunch time. 

Either way i'm not not gonna #BedwetTM  if he doesn't end up here. 

10 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I am pretty confident of this. If he goes elsewhere it'll be because we were never in for him. If we go in for him he ends up here.

I think this is key really. He’d clearly move here in a shot if we wanted him but may not be a key target anyway. 

27 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

If we want Paqueta we’d have him.

Nobody else has got him so there is no stress. If all the factors pointing to him wanting to come here are true, then we'll sign him when we want.

I'm sure we simply have to ask.