Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Well those were a big few hours indeed [emoji38]

Very good transfer window overall, not perfect but we've added some real quality to the team. 8/10 for me. Edit: possibly 9/10.

Just a bit of a disappointing end to it, as even the manager said he hoped for one or 2 more, and that would have given us more strength in depth. Relying on a rival club to loan us a player on deadline day really should not be repeated for a 3rd time though.

Ah well, we go with what we have, and it's not too many games until we can re-evaluate.

Looking forward to seeing Ando7 post again mind :lol:

Edited by Sean

Solid 8.6/10 window 

strengthened the defence massively, signed one of the most exciting young forwards in Europe - incredible stuff. 

Are there still gaps in the squad? Yes, you can’t unfuck 13 of negligence in two transfer windows but Jesus Christ, compare this squad to the one we had 2 years ago. It’s fucking light years ahead in terms of quality. What I would like to see is Anderson thrown into that midfield more when players like Bruno or Joelinton have to go off. The kid really looks the business and who knows - we could look back on not buying another midfielder as a bit of a godsend in terms of what he can achieve with us.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

:lol: Not meaning to pile on but while he's being brought up again, has Ando ever actually given anything of substance outside of early team news? Genuine question; not trying to be a dick. 

Was always positive about the takeover and got Bruce going right tbf.

The only reason people are disappointed is because:

1) The business done in January and this summer has been outstanding (minus the Chris Wood panic buy)

2) The manager the new owners appointed has been better than anyone could have possibly imagined

This has people dreaming of top 6 and beyond when the reality is, from a financial and squad building perspective, we are still years away. If you look back at where we were last summer or even the squad and our place in the table on the last day of 2021 it would be impossible to be disappointed right now. And if you do that and you're still annoyed right now then blame Mike Ashley because if we had literally anyone another club wanted to buy for a decent amount of money then we'd probably have another 1 or 2 in the door.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was always positive about the takeover and got Bruce going right tbf.

He also used to imply Bruce was going to get sacked when Ashley was here and it never happened

Tbf to Ando I recently started using his catchphrases on Tinder and they're working a charm.

I messaged some lass earlier "Stand by for a surprise before close of play Monday,if all goes to plan."

She can't fucking wait keeps asking what the surprise is.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Tbf to Ando I recently started using his catchphrases on Tinder and they're working a charm.

I messaged some lass earlier "Stand by for a surprise before close of play Monday,if all goes to plan."

She can't fucking wait keeps asking what the surprise is.

Just don't end up disappointing her on the day like Ando has.