Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Who do we all think we are most likely to go back in for in January ? 

Maddison potentially if Leicester are struggling in the league and he will have 18months left on his contract. Hopefully at a reduced rate also. 

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Yeah, time was if you signed a player after the season had started you were seen as sloppy with a major point of pre-season being to bed new signings in, I assumed.

It just seems bloody stupid the system doesn't allow teams to settle before the window shuts and theres is no sensible reason why not.

30 minutes ago, madras said:

It just seems bloody stupid the system doesn't allow teams to settle before the window shuts and theres is no sensible reason why not.

Do you mean why does it not slam shut before the season starts?

It used to, but clubs lobbied the FA/PL to bring it in line with European windows. They were slamming after ours had been slammed.

so say isak became available last week, we wouldn’t have been able to buy him as the window had already been slammed. But some European club could buy him. 

There is always talk of changing our window to match our season start but clubs still think it will disadvantage them. No idea if/why European teams like there window to slam after the season has started though.

3 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Do you mean why does it not slam shut before the season starts?

It used to, but clubs lobbied the FA/PL to bring it in line with European windows. They were slamming after ours had been slammed.

so say isak became available last week, we wouldn’t have been able to buy him as the window had already been slammed. But some European club could buy him. 

There is always talk of changing our window to match our season start but clubs still think it will disadvantage them. No idea if/why European teams like there window to slam after the season has started though.

No. Most of the major European leagues start and finish around the same time. It cant be that difficuilt to find a month or so to allign them so theres a gap between them so the transfer window shuts before the seasons start.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

No. Most of the major European leagues start and finish around the same time. It cant be that difficuilt to find a month or so to allign them so theres a gap between them so the transfer window shuts before the seasons start.

Apparently the Europeans clubs will not entertain moving the window and it has been discussed. 

35 minutes ago, Ben said:

Big clubs don't run football eh ? 

Rules don't apply to the big clubs innit. They bring too much revenue and attention for any fucks to actually be given, unfortunately.

Edited by mikejaxer

Wonder if we’ll be adding to our scouting department in future. Both for the first team and the youth.

Be great if we could start getting the likes of Haaland, M’bappè etc before they become stars and have to pay extortionate prices.

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Would rather return to normality and rid of the transfer windows. What are they for?

Apparently it was so big teams couldn’t gain an advantage over others by say, losing a striker, and the just forking out insane cash for another at any stage. Now we just see it happen in two small windows instead. 😂

28 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Apparently it was so big teams couldn’t gain an advantage over others by say, losing a striker, and the just forking out insane cash for another at any stage. Now we just see it happen in two small windows instead. 😂

Indeed... Though I recall the main real reason being that European leagues who voluntarily operated transfer windows for years prior were upset that British teams gained an advantage on them and wanted to bring us into line.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This mornings Athletic piece talks about the bids for Maddison, Harrison and Pedro. I wonder if we'll go back for any of them.

If Harrison or Maddison don’t sign new contracts I’d expect we will definitely be in for them. 

Pedro possibly especially if Watford falter in the promotion attempt. 

I can definitely see them going back for Pedro. He offers something different and brings the age down of the side again. 

Maddison I'm not so sure we would - depends on how Leicester do this season, I think we accelerated interest due to Shelvey's injury - but he would be back in January. It would be great as I rate him. 
Ashby is a good idea - Manquillo would be replaced. 

Diaby might happen if they are out of Europe by then. 

It's interesting, PIF/board seem very impressive, disciplined and controlled. Not going to blow their load, but every window a solid 80-100M on 2, 3 or 4 players. That is steady intelligent progress