Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Another good performance from Kone tonight.

It was me who saw him have a poor game. Clearly a one off as he’s been raved about otherwise.

Given he’s likely cost though, wouldn’t be surprised if the club look more towards that young Argentinian lad, Perrone?

Just watching Saturday Social and they've got a piece with Maddison and James Justin. Never really heard Maddison speak for any length of time but he actually comes across quite well, speaks well (better than some current pundits) and he does seem like the like the kind of guy who would be good around the dressing room and training ground. 

Really do hope we've got an interest in him this January or at very least in the summer.

5 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Who the hell do you buy now who is good enough but wont ruin the harmony of the team?

Seems Maddison only obvious upgrade for now

Looking at the fixtures, we could go into Feb unbeaten. We'll at least still be around the top 4 when the window is closing. We'll have a massive chance to attract some top talent, players we still have no right in going for. Everyone is noticing us now. Hopefully we announce some big deals soon ready for next season and tempt an absolute star in early.

Those players that weren't sold on the project before..

..I expect they will have changed their minds.

Who we cut from the squad gets stickier but we have room for 1 or 2. More will probably fuck the squad up a bit as someone that has contributed will have to go.

1 minute ago, jwclark2342 said:

You’re ok with Wood being 3rd choice? Things happen.  I like Wood’s effort but if we are to push for Champions League we need is better choice.

We already are pushing for a CL place. A striker, DM and winger like you suggest will cost more than we will be prepared to spend this window. Wood can be replaced in the summer- other positions are more important to improve. 

Wood signed a 2.5 year deal so you'd imagine we might try and fetch a fee for him this summer. No way we sell in January unless we get a silly offer, no need to rock the boat in terms of the team spirit either as he clearly is well-liked.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Come on then, who wants to come join the Geordie boys? There’ll be a lot of players who we were looking at in the summer who might see us differently now 

They will be kicking themselves if the chance is gone hahah

Edited by BonesJones

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Those players that weren't sold on the project before..

..I expect they will have changed their minds.

Who we cut from the squad gets stickier but we have room for 1 or 2. More will probably fuck the squad up a bit as someone that has contributed will have to go.

Time to join the Toon Revolution :headbang:

5 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

2 in at most for me - maintaining this team spirit is absolutely paramount. Everyone is so together and fighting for each other.

I’d say one or two for the first team, and maybe a couple of young ones for the academy. If we can shift and replace some deadwood that would be nice as well.