Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

25 minutes ago, maze said:

Would Matty Cash be a decent backup (I know he's 25 y/o) to Trippier? Don't know what he'd cost us though.

Matty Cash is more likely to be a long term replacement to Trippier than a back up.

For me, unless you are binning off Krafth, it has to be a CB who can play RB. Preferably someone young with technical ability who can be Schars understudy.

Someone like Lamptey could be a decent back up. He's not getting much of a game at Birghton but if we could get his fitness and injury record we could drip him into the first team when Trippier needs rotated while also providing a threat with his pace

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Someone like Lamptey could be a decent back up. He's not getting much of a game at Birghton but if we could get his fitness and injury record we could drip him into the first team when Trippier needs rotated while also providing a threat with his pace

Yeah I suggested him a couple of weeks ago.

He ticks all the boxes. So much potential there. Brighton would probably cash in too.

I hope we go for a wide forward. If we do then between a left/right sided I think I’d go for a left sided one.  Didn’t think I’d say this before the season started. Unlikely but Mudryk would be a dreamy signing. Blooody explosive with end product.

47 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I hope we go for a wide forward. If we do then between a left/right sided I think I’d go for a left sided one.  Didn’t think I’d say this before the season started. Unlikely but Mudryk would be a dreamy signing. Blooody explosive with end product.

I agree I think we need some more firepower to open teams up and creativity to take the pressure off Bruno and give more bench impact. I agree with people about a RB coming in who can cover for Trippier at least til end of the season though I’d say left back is more pressing (but will likely be addressed in summer).

59 minutes ago, tgarve said:

this is going to be controversial but would you sell ASM? 

I can see how that could make sense, yes. Eddie seems to be on the lookout for a wide attacking player in a 4-3-3, and of the three main ones that we have (ASM, Almiron, Isak), I can see ASM being the most vulnerable. He plays very much as an individual, and while I think he's tried to adjust, I also think he's struggled with Eddie's team emphasis on and off the pitch. If selling him frees up the funding to bring in a more compatible player, then it would make sense. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rather build a squad than sell our best attacking player 

I agree, but i also think we have to realize that we would have to sell a player or two that we would have liked to keep to make us even better. Most of the squad players will give us little or nothing in transfer fees and if a player like ASM could generate cash to make a even better player coming in it should be done.

Yeah, we need to add to the good players we've already got rather than sell them. Not ASMs biggest fan but I'd love to see him in a team that has other threats so he enjoys a bit more space and a bit less doubling-up on him to nullify him. Stretch the opposition the full width of the pitch with a bit of quality up front and on the right and see what he can do. Pace is lethal and he's got loads of it, rather have him on the pitch than £25m in the bank

2 hours ago, buzza said:

Watchin Fulham Manu, if we ever wanted a ball playing CDM who is good in the prem, fulham’s Palhina is some player!

absolutely in charge of the midfield…

He does look outstanding 

7 minutes ago, midds said:

Yeah, we need to add to the good players we've already got rather than sell them. Not ASMs biggest fan but I'd love to see him in a team that has other threats so he enjoys a bit more space and a bit less doubling-up on him to nullify him. Stretch the opposition the full width of the pitch with a bit of quality up front and on the right and see what he can do. Pace is lethal and he's got loads of it, rather have him on the pitch than £25m in the bank

Agree with this and it’s ironic that our right side is now our strongest at present. Let’s see how he does when fit and with more space to opposite but if he struggles rest of the season I can see us signing a legitimate alternative (maybe Isak is that already) and I’m not sure how ASM responds to that. 

At what point can we start poaching players from the already usurped greedy 6 clubs.

Remember when City signed Sterling? I want to inflict that rage on another club. Let's start with Mason Mount.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

At what point can we start poaching players from the already usurped greedy 6 clubs.

Remember when City signed Sterling? I want to inflict that rage on another club. Let's start with Mason Mount.

Mount? Fuck that. Other than being out of contract in 18 months so might be relatively cheap, I’d prefer a lot of other potential signings before him. 

There's no hiding place for ASM. He will either fight his way back into the team, through his performances or someone like Milan will come in for him in the summer and we will allow him to leave.

I don't see any scenario where ASM stays as a squad player for a prolonged period. Nor would I expect him to.

If he went to a big club in Italy or Germany, he'd tear the place up.