Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Ben Arfa : a waste of talent. If he had half of Penaldo's work ethic, he would win Balon d'Or multiple time. Anyway still love his time here.

If he had that, he'd never have signed for us.

Linked with Moukoko now from Dortmund. Contract runs out in the summer. He could be a top figure and the front man for years to come. Only 18 years old, go all out for him or even try get a bargain in January and we are laughing. Even if it doesn’t work out little will be lost as he can’t demand massive wages just yet.

2 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Linked with Moukoko now from Dortmund. Contract runs out in the summer. He could be a top figure and the front man for years to come. Only 18 years old, go all out for him or even try get a bargain in January and we are laughing. Even if it doesn’t work out little will be lost as he can’t demand massive wages just yet.

https://bvbbuzz.com/2022/09/29/report-youssoufa-moukoko-contract-talks-stalling/amp/

he’s asking for over £100kpw

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Anyone else try to curb the frustration and disappointment when missing out class players to other clubs? 

I mean, I'm realistic, pragmatic and appreciate we can't sign everyone but human nature is a strange bedfellow ??

Nah.

I just shrug and think ‘Eddie/Ashworth/The club’ have got this. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Nah.

I just shrug and think ‘Eddie/Ashworth/The club’ have got this. 

Ha. Absolutely. 

I think I'm more invested in this window than I've ever been. Certainly, and not unexpectedly, more than the previous 10 years, because of where we are in the league AND having just watched a winter World Cup. 

Got players names coming out my ears ??

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Ha. Absolutely. 

I think I'm more invested in this window than I've ever been. Certainly, and not unexpectedly, more than the previous 10 years, because of where we are in the league AND having just watched a winter World Cup. 

Got players names coming out my ears ??

Great isn’t it! We can dream again 

Weird, because normally I'm super excited about the possibility of signing some good players. 

Now, because I know its a formality for us to sign good players (if we want them), I'm more relaxed than anything else.

We've gone from having to beg good players to sign for us, to potentially players having to beg their clubs to let them leave for us.

We can cherry pick who we want (with the exception of players currently on high wages).

In the summer, someone like Diaby was a reach, now there is more a sense of, "are we sure he's worth it?" It's a lush position to be in.

I still think we needn't rest on our laurels. We have some poor players in our squad and that's where the improvement should be made.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

Weird, because normally I'm super excited about the possibility of signing some good players. 

Now, because I know its a formality for us to sign good players (if we want them), I'm more relaxed than anything else.

We've gone from having to beg good players to sign for us, to potentially players having to beg their clubs to let them leave for us.

We can cherry pick who we want (with the exception of players currently on high wages).

In the summer, someone like Diaby was a reach, now there is more a sense of, "are we sure he's worth it?" It's a lush position to be in.

I still think we needn't rest on our laurels. We have some poor players in our squad and that's where the improvement should be made.

Yeah complete sea change from the desperation last January. I’m excited to see if we can sign one quality difference maker in attack or for the first team then maybe 1-2 for general squad. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I have the same relaxed feeling about this window. I don't think we need to focus on replacing those players though and I don't think we will.

I think we'll be buying under 21s with high potential and first team players who improve us. I think it'll be a case of the right players at the right price when they become available rather directly targeting replacements for squad players.

Those players will be gradually squeezed out of the squad rather than directly replaced I think.