Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wasn’t too impressed with him the little I saw of him in the WC, other than that never watched him before so can’t say if he’s a good signing or not.

He’s an absolute beast in the Bundesliga, so strong on the ball. Lots for Howe to work with and a no-brainer at that price.

There were some rumours that teams were looking at Wood, weren't there?

Potentially getting in Thuram to replace Wood in the squad and breaking relatively even from the deal would be hilarious.

Thuram looks decent like and seems like he's versatile enough to play anywhere across the front three. Absolutely the ideal kind of player we should be adding as he'll add depth to all of the front three positions.

36 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s an absolute beast in the Bundesliga, so strong on the ball. Lots for Howe to work with and a no-brainer at that price.

Yeah, must be honest I had barely seen anything of him till the world cup, but when I heard he was a French forward player who could play anywhere across the front 3 I pictured someone of a similar height/build of ASM or that Kingsley Coman lad. Was surprised by how big he was. Looks like he would have no issues handling himself in the PL.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wasn’t convinced by Thurman, though only seen World Cup minutes and haven’t done any ‘Wise’ scouting, but might have room for significant improvement and just on his international status anything south of £40m looks like a great gamble. 

He looked a handful for sure, just didn't see any end product in the few flashes we saw, but he didn't get a whole lot of game time, and wasn't really on the end of much. Very hard to base a judgement on that, but if he's got a good record of producing end product, then he will be a hell of a player.

I watched Thuram several times for BMG when we were first linked 2-3 years ago.. I thought he was fast and powerful with good work rate but very limited technically - both ball control and shooting. 

Having watched him at the WC and youtube - seems to have evolved into a more complete player now but still think he is a more suited to being played as central striker rather than on the wing. Would be a good deal for the low price, probably he'd fit in with the wage structure too. Doubt we'll get him though, there's too many clubs interested.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Why are we hearing all about these Leicester links when they did nothing in the summer? Seems odd that they’d go big in January when this season is already a write off and the best they can hope for is 9th or 10th

Because they are going to lose Tielemans & Maddison either this or next window, and the fans are canny pissed as it is. They have to be replaced, even if they are selling up. 

Wonder how much they’ll go for, Tielemans walks for nothing in the summer so you have to imagine he’ll go for less than £20m even if there’s some competition to sign him. Maddison is a bit different, they can still get £45m+ in this window if they sell him I think but if it goes to the summer then it’ll drop by a decent amount 

29 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wonder how much they’ll go for, Tielemans walks for nothing in the summer so you have to imagine he’ll go for less than £20m even if there’s some competition to sign him. Maddison is a bit different, they can still get £45m+ in this window if they sell him I think but if it goes to the summer then it’ll drop by a decent amount 

Think you're probably right on both. Heard Bayern are after Tielemans, could see them agreeing terms then offering a fee to take him now if they feel they need him sooner. Best time is to sell Maddison now, well actually, it was probably the summer just gone, but their hand is only going to get weaker each window, and probably why they are looking at replacements so they can move fast should acceptable offers come in.

6 hours ago, McCormick said:

His touch is a little and that even shows up in the BL. Hi knit would it would more of a problem here as there’s less time and space. 
If he could sort that though, or at least improve it (not sure he can at his age) then he would offer something different for sure.

If we’re gonna sign another player that can play CF, they really ought to offer something different from what we have.