Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Eddie Howe is a beautiful lying shite.

Never believe a word when it comes to transfers and injuries.

He's mentioned FFP prior to every window.

Aye and everyone was saying we only had 40m to spend due to FFP before we spunked 60m+ on Isak.

As we all know weve announced some commercial deals so im guessing around 80m for jan window. (Hopefully :bluestar:)

Really hope that the reports of us negotiating with Flamengo are true and that we can get this Matheus Franca. Seems to have it all really. Take the obvious attributes aside I like how good his balance his for a guy of his size (184cm?). Still seems to be strong and have a low centre of gravity. Sounds like a player that likes to press and do defensive work too. Honestly never seen him before until I read up on him and did some Youtubing. To me it feels much more genuine and exciting somehow when the club unearths gems that not everybody has heard of or know much about. In short summary, creating our own legends, instead of signing big name middle age players from the top English clubs for example. Players that will grow with us into proper stars. I even see Maddison as a player I’d like even if an English top quality player already. Wouldn’t want the likes of say Rashford, Sancho, Pulisic or similar players as much. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people be disappointed if we don’t make a so called top signing in January? Talking the likes of a Maddison, Thuram etc ?

Say we got the likes of Perrone and Franca and whoever similar then I wouldn’t be too disappointed really. Hoping that we get one or two youngsters and a transformational signing too though. Even if “only” one top class player that player would make a difference both in quality as well as the belief and mentality within the team and club and fan base. Not gonna be easy but there is a genuinely good/decent chance of top 4 even if I’m not expecting it.

Top potential and top quality before quantity please. Don’t see us bringing more than a maximum of 3 at the most, and rightly so. Most likely 2 is my guess. Unless a third for RB cover maybe.

Edited by Ikon

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people be disappointed if we don’t make a so called top signing in January? Talking the likes of a Maddison, Thuram etc ?

I just can't see the owners not wanting to allow a decent opportunity slide by (even if it certainly wasn't planned for in terms of our current league position). Getting into either the europa league or especially the champions league, means that they can increase the revenue for sponsorship/commercial deals by a fair margin and be able to justify this with the pricks at the Premier League. 

Edited by et tu brute

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would tbf.  I think we've got an opportunity to jump probably two years in our roadmap which, in my opinion, we would be daft to pass up.

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

I would tbf.  I think we've got an opportunity to jump probably two years in our roadmap which, in my opinion, we would be daft to pass up.

This. City aside everyone is having a down year and the door is wide open for the right team.