Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

You need a squad to compete on multiple fronts, especially given the likely scenario where we're going to be playing some form of European football next season. You don't build one by selling your better players.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

The ideal way to build a squad would to be bring in players direct to the first team, the player who's place is taken then becomes back up. Obviously there are exceptions such as bringing in young players with high potential ceilings. 

There are other factors to consider though. Is the player happy as back up? What's he like in the dressing room? Would the cash give us more wiggle room under FFP? etc. We need to a build a squad, but there are factors that mean we might consider a decent offer for him.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The ideal way to build a squad would to be bring in players direct to the first team, the player who's place is taken then becomes back up. Obviously there are exceptions such as bringing in young players with high potential ceilings. 

There are other factors to consider though. Is the player happy as back up? What's he like in the dressing room? Would the cash give us more wiggle room under FFP? etc. We need to a build a squad, but there are factors that mean we might consider a decent offer for him.

Unfortunately this, money doesn’t grow on trees (despite the fact I think FFP is a myth but I’ve learned my lesson from last time)

45 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You rotate players in and out, especially if we're playing Saturday-Tuesday/Wednesday almost every week next season. All of the clubs at the top do so, so players will always get games.

ASM seems fine, but for some reason whenever he's not starting or posting on social media people make mountains out of molehills. He's just been injured/sick most of the season. Regarding FFP, if we're in the Champions League next season which really is within the realms of possibility, the windfall from it is enormous. You get seven figures for merely winning a group stage match. Sponsors on top of that from the CL, shirt sponsorship coming in, manufacturer deal may change. All will positively impact FFP to the point where we can stop constantly thinking we need to sell to buy.

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Really not surprised. Never thought we'd get him this window given the state of Leicester atm. But if we're in the top 4 come the end of the season he's almost certainly playing for us next season imo.

32 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I heard he’s a Man United supporter. That’s probably where he wants to go.

Think Eriksen and Fernandes are too similar to him for them to be interested.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Think Eriksen and Fernandes are too similar to him for them to be interested.

Maybe in our favor. Same with Gallagher, who I understand isa big Chelsea supporter. Probably quite reluctant to leave unless the situation is toxic.

4 hours ago, Pilko said:

Mental how Everton didn't take the supposed £50m + players or whatever Chelsea were offering in the summer for Gordon. He can't even get in their side as it stands and they're fucking crap.

Basically their Longstaff of 18 months ago.

7 hours ago, Jack27 said:

The pretend ITK crowd are linking us with Anthony Gordon. Things must be getting tough for them. 

Rather shit a brick, mind. 

Who's that? Mouth of the Tyne and sean casey??

We’re either doing no business or just masters at playing our cards close to our chest. Journos and fake ITK’s must be devastated. 
There were more rumours when Ashley was buying nobody. 

23 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Who's that? Mouth of the Tyne and sean casey??

Sure a Sean Casey was mentioned by Nick Barnes on Monday night. Said this Sean Casey "wasn't much into football but loved the show"

If it's the same, obvs just wanted to hear his own name shout out ?

Have to say, speaking as someone who's not too fond of our "supporters" constantly disparaging our own less adored players, it's wierd reading people turning their noses up at the likes Gordon and McTomanay. 

Then I have a think about it, and where we are. The likes of those 2 don't improve us. Improve the squad but not the starting 11 plus 1

Edited by Groundhog63