Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

In Europe you also need four club grown players of those 8. If you don't have them you just have to name a smaller squad.

At the moment we've only got Longstaff and Dummett so if Dummett went we'd have to have 3 empty spots in European squad (22/25).

Not Anderson? 

Basically it's not a massive issue if you have a load of good youngsters anyway to fill in the squad.

Plus getting by with 21/22 named players in the CL isn't the end of the world.

However still better if you can fill those spots.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I think you need 8 in a 25 man squad.

You have Lascelles, Trippier, Gordon, Wilson, Ritchie, Lewis, Targett, Pope, Murphy, Longstaff x2, Ashby, Anderson and Burn who are either homegrown or don't count towards the criteria due to age. 

And I would guess Ritchie and Lewis (younger Longstaff? Lascelles?) are out of the door come summer.

Cant whinge about player wages and lack of depth, then keep players like Ritchie & dummett on the books as expensive cheerleaders.

Either get them in as coaches eith8nt he youth setup, or do what we should have done several years ago and let them go. 

If it was feasible to replace the likes of Dummett and Ritchies positions within our transfer outlay in the short/mid term then they wouldn’t get extensions. We obviously have other priorities to fill first.

Yeah, he’s clearly not in the squad to play at this point. With Burn staying as fit as he has and Targett back we shouldn’t see him get minutes.

Edited by Nine

36 minutes ago, Nine said:

Yeah, he’s clearly not in the squad to play at this point. With Burn staying as fit as he has and Targett back we shouldn’t see him get minutes.

Burn is basically the player people thought Dummett was for 10 years, just far better. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Dummett

Longstaff

Gillespie

Anderson

Thats our 4. In a 25 man European squad we could then register 21 non Newcastle HG players.  

We could bring back Forster or Krul so we have 2HG GKs. 

Not sure if it will be 100% accurate, but I thought Gillespie was HG too but on my FM save he was classed as HG at Carlisle so I had to leave a space.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Burn is a better player. Particularly on the ball. But Dummett was much better 1v1.  

It's all he had (and even then he wasn't that great at it). Your average Championship/League 1 full-back can defend play in one on one situations but can't do much else. 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Dummett

Longstaff

Gillespie

Anderson

Thats our 4. In a 25 man European squad we could then register 21 non Newcastle HG players.  

We could bring back Forster or Krul so we have 2HG GKs. 

Gillespie doesn't count. Wasn't on the books for NUFC at all between 16 and 21.

Anderson wouldn't be named until the following season - but obviously you would be able to play him anyway so makes no practical difference.

Krul and Forster would be a reasonable move however if Karius was to leave this summer.

Edited by ponsaelius