Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

A lot of the business will be dictated on which European competition we are in. CL and we need likely need 4 additions that are first team ready (LB, CDM, attacking mid & wide forward) as well as reinforcements with the idea of adding depth. 

If it's Europa or Conference then its maybe 2/3 first teamers with more leeway for youth/depth options. 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think a left back can be for the summer after.

I love Dan Burn, be he is being pushed to his limit every week. Think a top quality LB has to be a priority this window. Grimaldo would make so much sense on a free. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

A left back has to be near the top of the list, along with midfield reinforcements.

Don't be surprised if a centre half is quite high on the list.

My guess would be LB, CH, 2XMids and a forward capable of playing g across the line.

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Think spending £50 million on a left back would be such a waste with how much still needs adding to this squad.

Maybe not £50m but look at how much Trippier brings to the right side of the team, imagine the same on the other side!

But yeh definitely other spots like CM higher on the list.

24 minutes ago, Deuce said:

RAMOSRAMOSRAMOS

Was thinking earlier how he would be one of the signings we'd be after should we get Champions League football.

Again I will repeat that Chris Waugh said specifically that we want 6 players this summer:

Left Back 

Centre Back

2 Midfielders (presumably a DM and AM)

2 attacking players

Presuming the above to be true, I'd imagine:

Quality left back, Tierney?

Young CB, to learn and step in.

Defensive midfielder, Mctominay?

Attacking midfielder, Maddison?

Winger, Diaby?

Young forward, South American?

1 minute ago, STM said:

Again I will repeat that Chris Waugh said specifically that we want 6 players this summer:

Left Back 

Centre Back

2 attacking players

Winger, Diaby?

my wishlist based on this:

LB - Tierney

CB - Ibanez

DM - Ugarte

AM - Maddison

RW - Diaby

CF - Hlozek maybe idk

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Left Back 

Centre Back

2 attacking players

Winger, Diaby?

Mctominay isn’t a a DM

4 hours ago, Deuce said:

RAMOSRAMOSRAMOS

Think he's done too well now unfortunately. Will be really expensive and would expect to be in the first team.

Both Isak and Wilson will still be here and so any striker that comes in will likely be a younger prospect with a decent amount of experience that is an all rounder like Isak as that seems to really fit the 4-3-3 setup.

Think it is most likely Joao Pedro. Have also been seeing a number of links to Folarin Balogun. Considering the leg work done for Ekitike, maybe we do a loan deal initially to see if he's got his head screwed on right? Will be very interesting.

20 hours ago, KaKa said:

Think spending £50 million on a left back would be such a waste with how much still needs adding to this squad.

Our defence is already league winning quality. Goals conceded tells us that. One or zero goals conceded in 23 out of 27 games, 13 of them clean sheets. The concern should be us winning only 13 of those 27 games (less than half :jesuswept::jesuswept::jesuswept:). That's what holds us back.

If the betting trouble and ban will knock it down to non-crazy money, I'd make Toney number one target. Maddison too if still needed (well, Isak can play #10), and then go for a DM, possibly Tielemans because I have a personal weakness for overspec DMs who can shoot and spray it about. He's also high enough quality for Bruno cover, our biggest miss when he's out. Those three would add at least fifteen, probably twenty goals to the team. If there's cash remaining, I'd quite like another mid to cover the Joes (Billing etc). I wouldn't buy a wide player because Isak (when Toney plays), Gordon, Miggy, ASM (if he stays), Anderson, Willock, Murph (keep as wing back cover) is lots of options. For the defence, a young, high potential right sided CB or moneyball veteran would probably be enough. LB and wide forward can wait till winter or later. Don't buy an effton of players because "the group" are good lads and have got us into the CL and a final, defying all expectations. 

Block moves for Bruno, Botman, and Isak, even for 100M plus. If looking to cash in on someone, Almiron who's 29 might be the one if someone comes in with a big offer. I think ASM still has upside potential and brings something noone else does.

Edited by Stottie