Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

He did in his post match press conference, I watched all 20 minutes. He said it will be a small group.

He said both things yeah. 

Not going to trust anything he says regarding to the transfer window though. All smoke and mirrors.

Edited by Displayname

10 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

When does the window officially open? Perhaps put in thread title. Can't fucking wait to count down the days.

June 14th within UK.

July 1st for international transfers.

:lol: maybe. Wouldn’t be my first choice for sure, but there’s enough there for Howe to work with (at the right price).

Hope we go for someone better though, obviously.

Edited by McCormick

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

He said both things yeah. 

Not going to trust anything he says regarding to the transfer window though. All smoke and mirrors.

But why would he lie about that? He's basically saying only really good players are going to be on our radar, and that's what they would have to be to get in ahead of some our lads who got us to the CL. Gordon was one of our leading targets in the summer and he's struggled to fight his way in.

Obviously we do need to upgrade and improve the team, but that means some really top drawer players will need to be sourced.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

But why would he lie about that? He's basically saying only really good players are going to be on our radar, and that's what they would have to be to get in ahead of some our lads who got us to the CL. Gordon was one of our leading targets in the summer and he's struggled to fight his way in.

Obviously we do need to upgrade and improve the team, but that means some really top drawer players will need to be sourced.

Why he would lie about us only going after a small group of players? Couldn't it be to put pressure on the clubs with targets that we are after? Something like "sell to us before we get our other target and are done with the transfer window".

Selling clubs obviously have prices they will let their players go for and Howe’s answers in an interview will have zero bearing on that. Best to take him at face value and not assume he’s lying in some devious ploy to pressure other clubs to sell or whatever.

Edited by McCormick

52 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Why he would lie about us only going after a small group of players? Couldn't it be to put pressure on the clubs with targets that we are after? Something like "sell to us before we get our other target and are done with the transfer window".

Define small group? I reckon four is a group (of purples :booze:). Any additional ‘growers’ don’t count. 

43 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

Would to have seen us go for Declan Rice but his alleged 120 million price tag puts an end to that.

Not sure it does tbh. Very few clubs will be able to buy a Declan Rice, but you would think we might be one of them with CL funding available. Probably a bit earlier than we thought we'd be competing for top players, but I wouldn't rule it out.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not sure it does tbh. Very few clubs will be able to buy a Declan Rice, but you would think we might be one of them with CL funding available. Probably a bit earlier than we thought we'd be competing for top players, but I wouldn't rule it out.

No chance. Unless we screw them down to £70m and he accepts £150kpw. Neither will happen. 

Let’s find someone better who’s cheaper instead.