Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Have seen Ronaldo looking to leave Al-Nassr. Do you think he may be pushed on to NUFC by PIF, just from a commercial perspective especially now we have CL. On loan with a lot of the wages subsidised. 

Howe wouldn’t like the circus but he also understands the commercials. If Ronaldo could be the elder statesman and not the petulant demanding first choice, imagine his experience guiding Isak and also in the Champions League. It would feel elite even at his age. Would require him to drop ego and status which I can’t see him doing though.

7 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Have seen Ronaldo looking to leave Al-Nassr. Do you think he may be pushed on to NUFC by PIF, just from a commercial perspective especially now we have CL. On loan with a lot of the wages subsidised. 

Howe wouldn’t like the circus but he also understands the commercials. If Ronaldo could be the elder statesman and not the petulant demanding first choice, imagine his experience guiding Isak and also in the Champions League. It would feel elite even at his age. Would require him to drop ego and status which I can’t see him doing though.

Sincerely hope not.

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

I do think we might go for a top class older player in the same vein as Trippier. 

Can't imagine his influence on the team has gone unnoticed and that will be doubly important next year when we'll be up against it on multiple fronts. 

I cannot stress how much we need that, preferably in midfield. I think Callum is that guy up top. Pope is that in goal. Trips in def. It’s fine we had that centrally. 

Just now, Kanji said:

I cannot stress how much we need that, preferably in midfield. I think Callum is that guy up top. Pope is that in goal. Trips in def. It’s fine we had that centrally. 

Gundogan?

Just now, Kanji said:

Left back and Right Centre Back have to be rapid. Crying out for it. 

Lodi at Forest actually settled in well in the end. Could be worth hijacking.

N’Dicka is pretty fast I believe and available on a free. 

4 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

left center back in a 3 though 

I think I'd go for Ferguson from Brighton, 18 years old, long term replacement for Wilson and would great in our squad for the extra games next season.

I wish I had a quid for every bullshit sodding instagram post re. Ronaldo having an NUFC agreement with PIF blah blah. I suspect it's all just clickbait bollocks and long may that be the case.

I'd pull out all the stops for Ferguson from Brighton and Jacob Ramsey from Villa. Probably talking best part of £100m the pair like.

Also wouldn't be averse to Brennan Johnson as a third striking option, or Lavia from Southampton for the midfield option.

15 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I'd pull out all the stops for Ferguson from Brighton and Jacob Ramsey from Villa. Probably talking best part of £100m the pair like.

Also wouldn't be averse to Brennan Johnson as a third striking option, or Lavia from Southampton for the midfield option.

Would likely cost a lot more. Two sellers who have no pressure to sell and both will be homegrown if I’m not wrong. 

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ronnie Gill legend in the most 90s suit possible

Used to see him on the train to some away days, looked like he’d spent the night kipping behind the bins out the back of Spoons.

6 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Can see him being bang up for taking a 90% pay cut

5 hours ago, Ben said:

I think I'd go for Ferguson from Brighton, 18 years old, long term replacement for Wilson and would great in our squad for the extra games next season.

I’d love him in, makes loads of sense.

Similar game time to what he’ll get at Brighton but also gaining Champions League experience from such a young age can only be a good thing.

4 hours ago, elbee909 said:

I wish I had a quid for every bullshit sodding instagram post re. Ronaldo having an NUFC agreement with PIF blah blah. I suspect it's all just clickbait bollocks and long may that be the case.

Everything the new owners have done so far has been measured and professional so I highly doubt there gonna let that high horsed, self deluded circus act anywhere near us.

I’ve grown to like the idea of a pacy Burn like tall fullback.  Like a young Tyrone Mings or Ake.   

We’ve underperformed from Set pieces this season but with our size profile we can improve. Tighten up in both boxes and we concede 3 or 4 less and score 3 or 4 more.  

Just now, The College Dropout said:

All Brighton players come with a heavy premium.  Unless we think one of their players is THE one we’ll not go in for em. 

Caceido and Mac Allister have clauses in their contracts according to Ornstein. Not sure how much this will effect price mind.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Caceido and Mac Allister have clauses in their contracts according to Ornstein. Not sure how much this will effect price mind.

Brighton tier 1 has said they don’t do clauses for whatever that is worth. 

and even even if “mechanism” exist for us It probably worth it as we have a lot of areas to address. 

7 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Been wondering about Lodi second half of the season. We'll have already done our scouting, interesting to see if we think he's done enough in England as well to suggest he's capable. Wouldn't be against it.