Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I like a lot of the stuff the Athletic produce, but when it comes to transfers they're as clueless as Hope and Edwards. The club won't be leaking targets to the media, it's been a closed shop for a while now. Any transfer news will come from agents and selling clubs. We use the media for own ends these days.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I like a lot of the stuff the Athletic produce, but when it comes to transfers they're as clueless as Hope and Edwards. The club won't be leaking targets to the media, it's been a closed shop for a while now. Any transfer news will come from agents and selling clubs. We use the media for own ends these days.

This! 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Aye, I would say we are the only club the athletic writers aren’t first regarding transfers. Every other clubs seem to be spot on.

If we are in for this Hungarian lad.

his mentality seems to be really good. Apparently he’s a bit of a leader in the Leipzig dressing room even at the age of 22. There is also this.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

If we are in for this Hungarian lad.

his mentality seems to be really good. Apparently he’s a bit of a leader in the Leipzig dressing room even at the age of 22. There is also this.

Bring him home! 

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Look at what we have with Trippier on the other side. Now imagine that on the left as well. Once we have a mobile, technically-gifted left back with pace we'll realise how limited we've been with Burn playing there. All credit to him for what he's done but I want a proper modern full back doing proper modern full back things, not a CB filling in 

We can't play like that, though. In their pomp Liverpool had two rapid, strong CBs happy to play 2 v 1 or 2 v 2. Both of our CBs are slow and can be killed if turned. Burn ensures we are rarely left 2v2 in defence.

Villa setup similar to us with Young sitting in deep and the Spanish lad pushing on. It provides solidity.

The best 2 teams in England regularly start with 1 CB playing fullback. City often play with 2 centrebacks at fullback. Real Madrid won the CL and La Liga with 2 fullbacks that are primarily strong defensively.

We need a better player than Burn for sure and he needs pace. But I'm not against the general profile. So welcome down... GVARDIOL.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Hope we’re in for Pavard this summer. Feel like he’s a super underrated cb and is an equally good Rb to boot.

“Benjamin Pavard, who has been linked with a move to Barcelona, is believed to have been closely watched by Arsenal, Newcastle and Man Utd.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle were keeping tabs on Leipzig duo Dani Olmo and Dominik Szoboszlai. The latter scored the clinching goal from the penalty spot.”

https://www.90min.com/posts/arsenal-liverpool-man-utd-among-clubs-represented-at-bayern-munich-vs-rb-leipzig

unless we’re replacing Schar though, I can’t see us spending the money on him, being 27. He’d be a definite starter. The thought is that we’d be after a younger player who can develop? Other positions need replacing first. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

3rd choice CBs for CL teams get plenty of game time. Fine for Schar to keep the shirt until Pavard earns it off him. 

27 is a good age for a CB.  

He’s played 41 times for Bayern this year. He’s going to swap that to be back up to Schar? 

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s played 41 times for Bayern this year. He’s going to swap that to be back up to Schar? 

Has he been starting regularly under Tuchel? Can see Tommy T raiding his former manor for one of their 12 centre halves.

Pavard would be a quality signing :lol: jesus, is this real life?

I'm all for bringing in youth, the likes of Bruno and Botman, but a player experienced in winning can't be underestimated. look at the impact Tripps has had on/off the pitch!

4 minutes ago, Big River said:

Pavard would be a quality signing :lol: jesus, is this real life?

I'm all for bringing in youth, the likes of Bruno and Botman, but a player experienced in winning can't be underestimated. look at the impact Tripps has had on/off the pitch!

I said Pavard months ago

Covers CB and RB

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can see a scenario where Schar is replaced, although it's not a priority right now.

Dunno about signing someone who is starting every game for Bayern mind :lol: 

Yeah, Schar will go in the next year or two mainly due to his age. But as I said previously, just can’t see us buying a player to fill that role when other positions need filling first, and can’t see us buying a player who will expect to be starting in that position- Schar has been quality all year. It’s been documented that we want a younger player to learn and come in when necessary. 

20 hours ago, Manxst said:

For the fee and wages Rice would cost, we could get three ‘Bruno’s’ from the Continent. For that alone, I just can’t see Rice to us happening. West Ham want £120m (I’m sure they’d probably take a bit less), and the player has already turned down £200kpw. Added to that, we probably need around three or four first team players. £100m+ for Rice alone…just can’t see it.

Agreed, Kephren Thuram or Alvarez from Ajax are available at a fraction of the price. 

We definitely need more pace at the back at left back and right CB, We need more quality to break defensive set ups (low block is the fancy term ?) at home which we’ll see a lot of next season (E.g a Maddison type) and we need to be more cut throat finishing teams off in terms of attacking midfielders and wingers. People have mentioned a 3rd striking option too which makes perfect sense.

Next few weeks is going to be really interesting……