Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

We signed Pope in the second half of June, so still a couple of weeks before people should start tapping their watches. [emoji38]

Do the players come back for pre season at the start of July? [emoji38]

Feels like it's going really quickly.

7 minutes ago, midds said:

Am I right in thinking the financial year ends on June 30th? Any buys after then would obviously go into the following set of accounts I assume? 

1st April to 31st March isn't it? That's how I've always understood the financial year.

EDIT: I forgot what thread this was in and assumed General Chat. Football will have special rules around the windows of course. Ignore me :lol:

Edited by LiquidAK

According to The Athletic, Newcastle have placed Javier Manquillo, Jamal Lewis, Isaac Hayden, Jeff Hendrick and Ryan Fraser on the transfer list. 

They report that the club will ‘happily sell’ Manquillo and Lewis, as neither feature in Eddie Howe’s plans after slipping down the pecking order in the full-back positions.

Both Hayden and Hendrick will not train with the first team when pre-season training resumed and the duo, who were on loan at Championship clubs Norwich and Reading respectively, are ‘expected’ to leave.

As for Fraser, it is understood that he has ‘no future’ at the club after being sent to train with the Under-21s mid-season due to a disagreement with Eddie Howe.

Howe has previously discussed about having to be ruthless when it comes to letting players go and will need to make room in the squad and wage budget for any incoming signings.

Elsewhere, the same piece states that Garang Kuol and imminent signing Yankuba Minteh will be loaned out to aid their development at senior level, with neither teenage talent deemed first-team ready as of yet.

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone think if there was no FFP we would be spending the sort of money we are currently seeing Saudi clubs spend ?

Definitely.

Being forced to be sensible is probably to our benefit though at this early stage.

1 hour ago, midds said:

Am I right in thinking the financial year ends on June 30th? Any buys after then would obviously go into the following set of accounts I assume? 

Yes, but unless we're currently perilously close to failing FFP there's probably no advantage in waiting because the amortisation would count towards the FFP calculation for a year longer.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wasn't the Botman announcement delayed for accountancy reasons on Lille's part?

Allegedly so, if I recall it was all done on the Monday but official confirmation didn’t come until the Friday 

19 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yes, but unless we're currently perilously close to failing FFP there's probably no advantage in waiting because the amortisation would count towards the FFP calculation for a year longer.

But offset against better revenue figures, no?

On 06/06/2023 at 17:28, relámpago blanco said:

Screenshot_2023-06-06-17-27-54-58_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.ea8f1ddd1d9d1b09a83ea2753b428ffb.jpg

Also for context for those who missed it this was what we ate when we qualified for the champions league. It's now called Champions League Chicken in my house though it's basically shawarma. The 3 year old now asks for Champions League Chicken.