Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

My worry with the purples is that we have the wait until the Man Utd’s, Liverpool and co have their pick then we get the leftovers. Examples being Min Jae, Thuram, Kone etc

I’m not sure exactly how transfers work, but I’d assume we do a lot of background work before the window actually opens and so we know who is interested in joining and who isn’t ? I don’t see it as being a case of waiting and seeing who the other clubs get and we get the leftovers.

If we were wanting bargain types you’d think we’d be all over the likes of Tielemens who’s going for nowt.

I think our signings will be more strategic than simply value for money only. 

Pope was a “bargain type” last summer and he turned out to be one of the most important signings we made.

Have faith in the recruitment setup and I include Gordon in that, he’ll come good.

Playing in a shit team does not make you a bad player.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards saying arsenal want more than 30 million for Tierney. Hope we go elsewhere tbh.

I think that's partly a consequence of our success last season. You can imagine other clubs fearing selling a player to us, then being told Howe has made them into much better players.

Arsenal will now be wondering if maybe they are letting go of Tierney too hastily and is he actually a better all round full back than Zinchenko? :icon_scratch:

That list of 5 Edwards has put up all improve our squad.

It will part of the strategy, looking for a Pope type signing from relegated Burnley last season.

1-2 of these type alongside 2-3 higher profile (see Botman/Isak last summer).

Personally be delighted with one of Barnes/Maddison + Lavia.

KWP also be sound for cover at both right and left back.

Remember that list of players have been coached by Rodgers, Dean Smith, Marsch, Gracia, Big Sam, Hassenhutl, Jones and Ruben Seles. Howe is on a different planet to them.

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Ange being appointed at Spurs wasn't great for our Maddison hopes. He is exactly the type of player he loves. 

If he still wants to go to Spurs above us then we move on.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Edwards just put up his latest transfer piece. Namechecks Tyler Adams, Walker-Peters, Lavia, Barnes and Maddison. Says we will look for value where we can by dealing with relegated clubs when possible. 

Edwards has just seen that transfer fever is just below fever pitch and has decided to stir the pot. He knows nowt man. Just speculate then spin as he always does.

53 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Course there are, and maybe one will come. What I mean is, that shouldn't be our transfer strategy, and I'm fairly confident it isn't.

We should have an exhaustive list of targets from all over the world, and we should go for whichever we think is best and we can get.

It's not going to be like "here's all the players that got relegated, let's go and get them". 

I can't deny I'd be a little disappointed if we ended up just buying people from Leicester and Southampton, although they do have some good players. 

Ahh ok I mis read your post, took it as a we shouldn’t sign relegated players take. Seen enough people say that lately. 

58 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Fuck me, some top investigative journalism by Caulkin, Whitehead and Waugh there.

TBH I thought he was still someone we may be be interested in so I for one was glad to hear we’re not!

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Spurs sell Kane I could see them paying it just to get it done. 

Levy is a lot of things, but he's never struck me as the over-paying type.