Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

11 hours ago, gdm said:

Just checking did we qualify for the Champions league or was it the Europa or conference? Some of the shouts for players are funny. Rodrigo ffs :lol: he’s no better than anything we have and wouldn’t be signed by any of the teams that finished in the top 6 of 7 so why would we be interested. 

Its mental the amount of tripe players being talked about in here. Had to doube check i wasnt in the Crystal Palace forum ffs. 

Just had a read of that, standard stuff. In a nutshell, we're still being quoted big prices for the likes of Diaby and Szoboszlai so we're trying to be clever in the market. Part of that strategy is to target players at relegated clubs, the likes of Adams, Lavia, Walker-Peters, Maddison and Barnes have been discussed. 

Surely we're not planning to fill our squad from players on the down, from poor teams who got relegated? 

We seem to get linked with every player from the PL but I can't help but think it's just journalists being lazy. 

I'll be very meh if we really think that this is the best way to build out our squad. 

I understand the limitations money wise but we definitely need a couple elite level signings otherwise i think we'll drop off substantially. 

A serious injury to someone like Bruno and we're canny fucked tbh. 

If we want value you’d think shopping abroad would be best. Unsure where this notion that we are interested in England based players comes from when some of our best signings have been from abroad.

Our success has also been built around having players like Trippier, Burn and Pope too like, but the balance needs to be right. 

5 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I understand the limitations money wise but we definitely need a couple elite level signings otherwise i think we'll drop off substantially. 

A serious injury to someone like Bruno and we're canny fucked tbh. 

I mean it's not like we're being linked to Che Adams & Daniel Amartey just yet. Lavia, Maddison & Barnes would definitely improve us.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Athletic reporting that we no longer hold an interest in Pulisic. 

Fuck me, some top investigative journalism by Caulkin, Whitehead and Waugh there.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Surely we're not planning to fill our squad from players on the down, from poor teams who got relegated? 

We seem to get linked with every player from the PL but I can't help but think it's just journalists being lazy. 

I'll be very meh if we really think that this is the best way to build out our squad. 

There are good deals to be had from relegated teams every season, the ‘don’t want relegated players’ thing is such a lazy take.. so many examples of successful transfers coming from teams that went down. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Our success has also been built around having players like Trippier, Burn and Pope too like, but the balance needs to be right. 

That's probably where this assumption comes from. 

It was such a different situation then though, we needed a ready-made spine of players we could rely on to keep us up and build around. It was very smart, but I don't think we have the overriding focus on PL players that the media seem to be saying. Would be weird.  

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

There are good deals to be had from relegated teams every season, the ‘don’t want relegated players’ thing is such a lazy take.. so many examples of successful transfers coming from teams that went down. 

Course there are, and maybe one will come. What I mean is, that shouldn't be our transfer strategy, and I'm fairly confident it isn't.

We should have an exhaustive list of targets from all over the world, and we should go for whichever we think is best and we can get.

It's not going to be like "here's all the players that got relegated, let's go and get them". 

I can't deny I'd be a little disappointed if we ended up just buying people from Leicester and Southampton, although they do have some good players. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's probably where this assumption comes from. 

It was such a different situation then though, we needed a ready-made spine of players we could rely on to keep us up and build around. It was very smart, but I don't think we have the overriding focus on PL players that the media seem to be saying. Would be weird.  

Some of the players mention improve us no doubt, but Tyler Adam’s and McTominay etc are no better than what we have. And we need to add 2-3 purples before considering squad depth imo. 

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Some of the players mention improve us no doubt, but Tyler Adam’s and McTominay etc are no better than what we have. And we need to add 2-3 purples before considering squad depth imo. 

My worry with the purples is that we have the wait until the Man Utd’s, Liverpool and co have their pick then we get the leftovers. Examples being Min Jae, Thuram, Kone etc

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think you're right, it is journalists being lazy, or at best taking educated guesses. None of them will have any real intel on who our genuine targets are.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

My worry with the purples is that we have the wait until the Man Utd’s, Liverpool and co have their pick then we get the leftovers. Examples being Min Jae, Thuram, Kone etc

Fucking arseholes, whenever I get a bag of Starburst from Home Bargins some fucker always takes my Purples 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Well that is happening, and not much we can do about that, but pretty sure there will be some decent secondary targets who could be just as exciting, but we seem to be being fed the predictable tried and tested British value by the local journalists. How much genuine insight that's based on I'm not so sure.