Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

The Bundesliga must be the most pointless 'top' league in the world like.

Bayern win it every year and then sign the best players from whoever finished second. Quite often on a free. 11th in a row now and theyve signed Dortmund's left back for nowt.

Waste of time entirely.

If we thought he was "in the region" of £50M last summer, there's absolutely no way we think his value has held after another 12 months have passed and they've been relegated.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The Bundesliga must be the most pointless 'top' league in the world like.

Bayern win it every year and then sign the best players from whoever finished second. Quite often on a free. 11th in a row now and theyve signed Dortmund's left back for nowt.

Waste of time entirely.

The epitome of Farmers.

Edwards list might make sense if it was just Howe, who I think leans more toward PL experience - but not really believable given there will be a transfer committee.

Also saying they want value but will only shop in UK, the most expensive market?

1 hour ago, Nine said:

There are good deals to be had from relegated teams every season, the ‘don’t want relegated players’ thing is such a lazy take.. so many examples of successful transfers coming from teams that went down. 

Liverpool signed Robertson, Wijnaldum and Henderson form poor teams and they were all crucial players for both their League and Champions League achievements.

Teams mismanage and waste quality players all the time. Taking full advantage of that is a key strategy in building up a quality squad of players to compete.

I think the three teams that went down this season have a lot of very good players between them. A ridiculous number of them actually.

Edited by KaKa

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Levy is a lot of things, but he's never struck me as the over-paying type.

I can see him doing something like that to try and appease the fans. No Europe, no Kane, a manager who could go either way. If he had 4 years left he's 100% a £50m bracket player. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Liverpool signed Robertson, Wijnaldum and Henderson form poor teams and they were all crucial players for both their League and Champions League achievements.

Teams mismanage and waste quality players all the time. Taking full advantage of that is a key strategy in building up a quality squad of players to compete.

I think the three teams that went down this season have a lot of very good players between them. A ridiculous number of them actually.

Agree with all of that. It's just pure snobbery to turn your nose up at a player purely because he was part of a relegated side. Daft in fact. Some very good players fail at certain clubs for no apparent reason.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

51 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Leicester want over 50 million for Maddison according to Percy from the telegraph, he’s usually spot on with their news.

https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1666751216427102209?s=20

I read somewhere that we were looking at either Maddison or Szoboszlai, and it would ultimately come down to what Leicester were asking for Maddison.

Article said we wouldn't mind paying more for Szoboszlai as he was 4 years younger and his wages would be less than Maddison's.

With Maddison's fee looking like it won't be much less, I think that likely means we move on from him.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I can see him doing something like that to try and appease the fans. No Europe, no Kane, a manager who could go either way. If he had 4 years left he's 100% a £50m bracket player. 

It's just Leicester being arseholes, probably still miffed at going down with a bunch of superstars on their books. They are trying to get the best possible fee for Maddison but they aren't getting £50m from anyone, not with a year left on his contract.

The stats radar things for Maddison and Szoboslai are basically identical, seem very similar players. Albeit one is in good form and the other just got relegated with a whimper.

Can see why they'd both be on our list for the same role.  

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I read somewhere that we were looking at either Maddison or Szoboszlai, and it would ultimately come down to what Leicester were asking for Maddison.

Article said we wouldn't mind paying more for Szoboszlai as he was 4 years younger and his wages would be less than Maddison's.

With Maddison's fee looking like it won't be much less, I think that likely means we move on from him.

Think id prefer Szoboszlai tbh, from what I’ve seen he seems to fit into our style more than Maddison.

Edited by SUPERTOON

9 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Edwards list might make sense if it was just Howe, who I think leans more toward PL experience - but not really believable given there will be a transfer committee.

Also saying they want value but will only shop in UK, the most expensive market?

Exactly. I'm sure we'd take Maddison at the right price, but at the wrong price, Szoboszlai just starts looking better and better value.

Just now, McCormick said:

Maddison would pick Spurs over us if it came down to it imo. 

That's really depressing if so, and I'd say that even if I was a neutral. Spurs are a hair away from being a complete basket case, and if Postecoglou goes wrong then they absolutely are that. Meanwhile we're in the CL; a settled club on an upward trajectory. Someone like him choosing Spurs over us suggests the Big 6 brand is a long way from being dismantled.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think is prefer Szoboszlai tbh, from what I’ve seen he seems to fit into our style more than Maddison.

I agree. I think he's more dynamic, while still providing the technical ability and quality end product.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Exactly. I'm sure we'd take Maddison at the right price, but at the wrong price, Szoboszlai just starts looking better and better value.

Yeah. Unfortunately though I don’t see us paying 60m for DS and I don’t see Leipzig budging on wanting the full release clause. I suspect either deal will take weeks/months of brinkmanship before it’s concluded.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

That's really depressing if so, and I'd say that even if I was a neutral. Spurs are a hair away from being a complete basket case, and if Postecoglou goes wrong then they absolutely are that. Meanwhile we're in the CL; a settled club on an upward trajectory. Someone like him choosing Spurs over us suggests the Big 6 brand is a long way from being dismantled.

I think there are far too many factors involved to draw just that one on its own.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It might just be his personality. Maddison might be the Bright Lights Big City type, maybe he really wants to be in London. Which means he's the wrong player for us anyway.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There'll always be some players that are like this. Don't think it's an indication of Spurs being thought of higher still.

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Maddison would pick Spurs over us if it came down to it imo. 

If that is correct, then we would NOT want him here anyway.

Any quality player, after being told that WE want him, that picks any English club (apart from Man City) over us is quite simply not worth bothering with.

We are the Premier League "hot ticket" now (and for the forseeable future) and anyone who cannot see that is an idiot and therefore we do not want them.

SIMPLE but true.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:
4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think there are far too many factors involved to draw just that one on its own

You're not going Agbonlahor on us here, are you?

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah. Unfortunately though I don’t see us paying 60m for DS and I don’t see Leipzig budging on wanting the full release clause. I suspect either deal will take weeks/months of brinkmanship before it’s concluded.

I think we'll pay it if he's as good as we think he is. Why wouldn't we? We aren't at the stage yet where we can buy the players the current elite clubs are in for such as Rice or Mount.