Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just think that's a good fee for someone who'd push Shelvey, Longstaff & Willock as the third midfielder, also depending on the opposition and how we want to us Bruno, who'd become a fair squad player while we progress. Fits in the Targett & Burn bracket to me.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

The fact Everton want him isn't a great indication however I have always got the impression he is slightly above average in terms of Premier League midfielders.

He's managed to get 29 caps for Belgium during their "Golden Generation" so he must have something about him.

Edited by Mazzy

There’s some absolute knackers on this forum like. People seriously setting themselves up for disappointment expecting a big name midfielder or RW to walk through the door in the next 2 days. I even read some requests for another RB after Krath’s injury. It’s laughable. Of course it would amazing if a high profile CM does arrive, but I think it’s also massively unlikely (and that’s ok).

We’ve absolutely transformed the first team over the last two windows. Incredible work really. To expect them to also transform the bench in that time too seems just a little bit ridiculous. No team in the history of football has a perfect squad, apart from possibly Man City.

If we can improve the squad options in the next two days then great, but people should not be too disappointed if we don’t. Look at our strongest 11 now… it’s outstanding in many ways…

Wilson

ASM                               Isak
                  Willock

Joelinton     Bruno

Targett   Botman  Schar  Trippier

Pope

I’d be more than happy going with what we have if necessary, but a CM who can compete with / improve on what we have would be icing on the cake.

If true, that’d be an amazing price for a very solid squad option.

Anyway, I was saving this barn-burner for my tell-all memoir but here goes. Couple of seasons ago I really was convinced his name was Leon and the match commentator had a bit of a stammer. Crazy.

Edited by McCormick

30 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

There’s some absolute knackers on this forum like. People seriously setting themselves up for disappointment expecting a big name midfielder or RW to walk through the door in the next 2 days. I even read some requests for another RB after Krath’s injury. It’s laughable. Of course it would amazing if a high profile CM does arrive, but I think it’s also massively unlikely (and that’s ok).

We’ve absolutely transformed the first team over the last two windows. Incredible work really. To expect them to also transform the bench in that time too seems just a little bit ridiculous. No team in the history of football has a perfect squad, apart from possibly Man City.

If we can improve the squad options in the next two days then great, but people should not be too disappointed if we don’t. Look at our strongest 11 now… it’s outstanding in many ways…

Wilson

ASM                               Isak
                  Willock

Joelinton     Bruno

Targett   Botman  Schar  Trippier

Pope

I’d be more than happy going with what we have if necessary, but a CM who can compete with / improve on what we have would be icing on the cake.

You're being weirdly arrogant about something you have absolutely no clue about like [emoji38]

Howe has already said he wants more names in, whether we get them is another story but it's hardly a forgone conclusion we don't make another big signing and it's fine to be hopeful. Young cover for RB would make sense too, and as Kev Lawson's tweet suggests there might actually be something in the links to the West Ham lad.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

And we play 4-3-3 with two wide centre mids, Willock doesn't play behind the striker. It would usually be an honest mistake but we've played this way for over half a year now and you're giving it the big'un so...

Edited by Hanshithispantz

33 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

The fact Everton want him isn't a great indication however I have always got the impression he is slightly above average in terms of Premier League midfielders.

He's managed to get 29 caps for Belgium during their "Golden Generation" so he must have something about him.

What does this even mean?!

He might be better than other options for that anchor position, but not a whole lot better? We also need to give Anderson and Longstaff the experience they need.

And yes, I know Longstaff is nearly 24, but this club has been in a poor state until Howe and the Saudis came. He's still a work in progress.

17 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You're being weirdly arrogant about something you have absolutely no clue about like [emoji38]

Howe has already said he wants more names in, whether we get them is another story but it's hardly a forgone conclusion we don't make another big signing and it's fine to be hopeful. Young cover for RB would make sense too, and as Kev Lawson's tweet suggests there might actually be something in the links to the West Ham lad.

I didn’t say it wasn’t fine to be hopeful. I just see a lot of posts from people on here and on Twitter being disparaging about players like Dendoncker when they’re a very realistic signing who would significantly improve our midfield options. It’s surely setting yourself up for massive disappointment to be expecting another deal the size of Isak or Bruno to waltz through the door in the next 2 days. Be hopeful, sure, but you must surely see why that is unlikely. We’ve already had a very good window…I just think people need to be mindful of that. 

Regarding your other point, you being pedantic. Everyone can see with their own eyes that Willock usually plays as the most advanced of our 3 CMs.

And regarding the “Arrogance” comment… pot kettle. Right back at ya.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

He is/was a Belgian international DM, with 30 odd caps. Have you seen some of the players he was competing with in that position?

I'd bet my left bollock that he's more technically sound than Longstaff, Willock and even Joelinton. For 10m as someone who gives us another string to our bow, he'd be a no brainer.

Some squad fillers* either permanent or on loan would really cap a fantastic summer for us.

When fit, our first XI is strong enough for a top half push, the worry is we can't keep that XI together long enough atm.

*Preferably better than the current ones [emoji38]

50 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Everton want pedro and he’s apparently mint