Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Good window overall but feels like a mistake sat on our arses today when we've still got Wood and Murphy stinking out Premier League fixtures. We'll regret being so passive today IMO.

I don't think we'll regret it

Obviously we have areas to address in the squad but it was never going to be done in one or two windows 

Plus I suspect a lot of what we did in January would have been intended for the summer but was accelerated due to the situation we were in

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Best thing we can do is to just limit his posting to once every few weeks or a month. That will teach him a lesson.

He never posts anyway just vague transfer gossip and then fucks off [emoji38]. I'm surprised he give another update today tbh. He doesn't even gave any updates to say if things have changed. Nothing today and I won't be taking any notice again of anything he says that's for sure. Prove me wrong Ando :)

Edited by et tu brute

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Shite end to the window for us. We clearly need some more depth but more annoying is that we're 2-3 quality players away of making a permanent difference to the club in the league and skip a couple of years development.

Such a shame we've not pushed the boat out and got them. We could have easily turned 8-10th into 6th-8th and stayed there whilst mounting a challenge to the top 6 continuously for there.

Will make sure to pass this on to Ashworth & the board.

8 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Good window overall but feels like a mistake sat on our arses today when we've still got Wood and Murphy stinking out Premier League fixtures. We'll regret being so passive today IMO.

Regret it how? The aim is to stabilise ourselves and progress from last season. That will happen without a doubt. The damage can’t be fixed in two windows, it’s a process, enjoy the ride. 

In January everyone thought we hadn’t done enough, look how that turned out. We’ve got more than enough to get us to January, I love the fact it’s planned and not a whiff of panic buying. 

When Diaby signs in January we’ll all agree they did the right thing.

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

Regret it how? The aim is to stabilise ourselves and progress from last season. That will happen without a doubt. The damage can’t be fixed in two windows, it’s a process, enjoy the ride. 

One more bit of quality in another right-sided attacker forces those two firmly out of the picture save for maybe cups or 3-4 bad injuries. I think we've done brilliantly this summer but not busting a gut to get one more in, even on loan, feels like a missed opportunity to me. 

Just now, andycap said:

Should of getting a centre mid in on loan atleast today. As joelinton cannot keep playing every minute of every game he'll end up breaking down. He covers so much ground it's an injury waiting to happen. 

The main glut of games come after the World Cup, by which time January will be close and most of our players will have had the World Cup to rest.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Don’t think we’ll regret it. 13 games until January. 

I trust the people at the top for the first time in my lifetime. Howe, Ashworth, Eales, Nickson, Staveley etc. If they’re not doing a deal then there’s a damn good reason why.

Course we won’t it’s like football manager on here, half this lot wouldn’t know how to run a burger van.

Just now, Pilko said:

One more bit of quality in another right-sided attacker forces those two firmly out of the picture save for maybe cups or 3-4 bad injuries. I think we've done brilliantly this summer but not busting a gut to get one more in, even on loan, feels like a missed opportunity to me. 

Again thiugh it’s going to take time, they’ve clearly got a group of players they’ve all agreed they like and they’ve waited patiently to get them without panicking and brining bodies in for the sake of it. As the club develops and the squad gets stronger, you’ll be buying 2 or 3 players a season instead of needing 5 or 6 everytime. 

Trust them, they’ve given us no reason not too until this point. Can’t turn 14 years of shit around in two windows. 

Just now, Whitley mag said:

The main glut of games come after the World Cup, by which time January will be close and most of our players will have had the World Cup to rest.

Fair enough just it's a risk and I don't think we are as effective with big Joe out of the team. 

Think any regret for me is how "close" we are to being even more competitive. If Europe was a possibility with another 60/70m spent now does that not make more sense than doing it over this and next season.  Obviously all hyperthetical of course. 

1 minute ago, nufcjmc said:

Think any regret for me is how "close" we are to being even more competitive. If Europe was a possibility with another 60/70m spent now does that not make more sense than doing it over this and next season.  Obviously all hyperthetical of course. 

We were on the verge on relegation 9 Months ago man 😂 Europe can wait, it’s coming, what’s the rush?!