Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Didn't he leave man city because he didn't like living in England?

Torres had also been struggling to live away from family and friends in Manchester, had been frustrated at what he considered limited opportunities to play, and felt City would soon sign a big-name striker anyway. He was determined to make the move.

Sources close to Torres say his big regret is that he was not able to get to grips with Manchester life due to the pandemic.

“If you want to leave because you’re not happy here, you believe you’ll be happy in another place, you have to go,” Guardiola said. “The career is short. One day, it’s over.”

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Once this weekend is out the way the rumour mills/genuine activity is going to go into proper overdrive ?

Can clubs announce deals before June 14th transfer window, how does that work, I forget? 

Which leagues finish their seasons this weekend other than the PL?

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Once this weekend is out the way the rumour mills/genuine activity is going to go into proper overdrive ?

Can clubs announce deals before June 14th transfer window, how does that work, I forget? 

Yeah they can sign players and announce them, but their contract won’t start until the day the window opens. 

28 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Yeah they can sign players and announce them, but their contract won’t start until the day the window opens. 

I reckon there’ll be a couple of deals which will we’ll get done relatively quickly. 

For all the Ugarte fans that have seen he looks to be on his way to PSG or Chelsea (!) ...

A great alternative who is a tad more versatile as he can also play as an 8 is the power house Youssouf Fofana at Monaco.

Being reported that he is available for £22 million as he is going into the final year of his contract. That would be an exceptional signing at that price especially.

Edited by KaKa

58 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Clubs have been announcing deals for weeks. 

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

For all the Ugarte fans that have seen he looks to be on his way to PSG or Chelsea (!) ...

A great alternative who is a tad more versatile as he can also play as an 8 is the power house Youssouf Fofana at Monaco.

Being reported that he is available for £22 million as he is going into the final year of his contract. That would be an exceptional signing at that price especially.

This guy is in my list 

M Kudos - K Thuram - Y Fofana - R Neves - M Ugarte - M Sangare - E Palacios - M Kone

A lot of options out there - that’s on top of the likes of Big Dom - A Scott - Maddison 

9 minutes ago, Mikky said:

This guy is in my list 

M Kudos - K Thuram - Y Fofana - R Neves - M Ugarte - M Sangare - E Palacios - M Kone

A lot of options out there - that’s on top of the likes of Big Dom - A Scott - Maddison 

Nice list! :thup:

The idea of signing Youssouf Fofana has definitely grown on me more recently. He's been highly rated and linked with top clubs for a while now, but similar to Guimaraes when he was at Lyon, clubs just haven't pulled the trigger. With him going into the last year of his contract now and the price he is available for, it's a very good singing.

Looking at him alongside Ugarte that a lot of us liked, he is a more progressive passer and ball carrier, and so influences and facilitates more goal scoring opportunities.

image.png.f6a341bd4cbbcac4161b282ed325bd4b.pngimage.png.08d28d14ff476919ee22e59714e92333.png

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nice list! :thup:

The idea of signing Youssouf Fofana has definitely grown on me more recently. He's been highly rated and linked with top clubs for a while now, but similar to Guimaraes when he was at Lyon, clubs just haven't pulled the trigger. With him going into the last year of his contract now and the price he is available for, it's a very good singing.

Looking at him alongside Ugarte that a lot of us liked, he is a more progressive passer and ball carrier, and so influences and facilitates more goal scoring opportunities.

image.png.f6a341bd4cbbcac4161b282ed325bd4b.pngimage.png.08d28d14ff476919ee22e59714e92333.png

Ugarte looks a destroyer and clearly breaks up play, almost a David Batty type going off those stats, plenty of completed passes but not a lot progressive.

I think Thuram is the one they want all depends on price and competition.

I was just reading an athletic article from the other day and they said a transfer kitty of £60-£80 million was expected which Howe will push for bigger now Champions League is confirmed.

The club don’t want to go all out and have their hands tied in future windows.

They still mention the desire of a LB, RCB, midfield x2 and attackers x2 but are concerned with squad harmony with so many changes.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Ugarte looks a destroyer and clearly breaks up play, almost a David Batty type going off those stats, plenty of completed passes but not a lot progressive.

I think Thuram is the one they want all depends on price and competition.

Yeah, Ugarte seems to be the type of DM that plays simpler passes and more of the sideways and backwards variety, which is also why his pass percentage is so high.

Thuram is very very good, and unfortunately a lot of other clubs are getting interested, and so apparently Nice are now asking for around the £50 million mark for him. Seems like there is going to be a bidding war for him this summer now, but maybe we still pull something off to get him.

Really like Fofana though, and if everyone else is sleeping on him at that price of £22 million, I think we should be all over the move, maybe even in addition to Thuram. Fofana is only on around £5,000 a week at Monaco, so it's impossibly good value all around.

Am I the only one thinking that if we can’t get a player like say Raphinha or similar proven quality for our right sided forward role then we should just buy a super talented cheaper option like Arda Guler and put that money on other positions instead? I think players like Diaby are very good but I’m not convinced that we should pay the price quoted for him or similar players around the same price/quality. We should go all out and try for Arda Guler no matter what even though the competition for him is hard. Arda Guler might not give the same quality or consistency straight away but I think it’s only a season or two before he is a superior player to the likes of Diaby/Williams to name two. I have seen us linked with Ferran Torres too, but not so sure how likely that is. Not sure how well he has done lately or if the price mentioned is believable. Getting someone like him along with AG could be a very shrewd way to go. Judging by what I’ve seen before and thinking of his versatility. 

I also don’t see Diaby being as effective against a low block defending team, or simply put for a team like us who might go more from a team in quick transitions to a more possession based team. Especially against lesser teams. Think we need flair out wide with fullbacks roaming forward 

Edited by Ikon

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Am I the only one thinking that if we can’t get a player like say Raphinha or similar proven quality for our right sided forward role then we should just buy a super talented cheaper option like Arda Guler and put that money on other positions instead? I think players like Diaby are very good but I’m not convinced that we should pay the price quoted for him or similar players around the same price/quality. We should go all out and try for Arda Guler no matter what even though the competition for him is hard. Arda Guler might not give the same quality or consistency straight away but I think it’s only a season or two before he is a superior player to the likes of Diaby/Williams to name two. I have seen us linked with Ferran Torres too, but not so sure how likely that is. Not sure how well he has done lately or if the price mentioned is believable. Getting someone like him along with AG could be a very shrewd way to go. Judging by what I’ve seen before and thinking of his versatility. 

I also don’t see Diaby being as effective against a low block defending team, or simply put for a team like us who might go more from a team in quick transitions to a more possession based team. Especially against lesser teams. Think we need flair out wide with fullbacks roaming forward 

I think we'll get a high end right sided forward, and still look at the likes of Arda Guler as well tbh.

The Arda kid looks not just a very special talent, but he is also very versatile. As well as playing that right side role he can also play as a progressive number 8 and so he would be incredibly valuable. He can also be had for a very fair price.

The good news is that he's the kind of young talent Ashworth routinely picked up for Brighton and so I think the interest is likely real. Similar to the young Brazilians we've been looking at like Matheus Franca.