Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I can see the lure of London to foreign players who perhaps have no idea what it's really like in London or only know 2/3 cities in England but Maddison should know better.  

If we actually want him but he prefers to move to Spurs, then so be it,  he can go there and it'll be the wrong choice for his career.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We're talking about millionaires living in London guys. Different kind of experience.

👍 It's in the hope of getting to bang an aristocrat, a rock bitch, or a Hollywood starlet.

Crap for normal people, unless the wife likes shopping.

Edit: I'll rephrase that. Unless you can afford a wife that likes London shopping.

Edited by DahnSahf

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We're talking about millionaires living in London guys. Different kind of experience.

Hes 26. Got money for life and beyond. If hes so desperate for a London move right now and cant wait...well go on and live there if thats the matter :lol:

21 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I can see the lure of London to foreign players who perhaps have no idea what it's really like in London or only know 2/3 cities in England but Maddison should know better.  

If we actually want him but he prefers to move to Spurs, then so be it,  he can go there and it'll be the wrong choice for his career.

Well he’s been happy enough living in Leicester.

Won’t be a factor.

26 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

What do you think London is “really like” for a multimillionaire 20-something?

Pretty fucking class I’d guess.

8 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Hes 26. Got money for life and beyond. If hes so desperate for a London move right now and cant wait...well go on and live there if thats the matter :lol:

He seems like a bit of a 'spice' boy type so it's not a surprise really.

Not all players are necessarily into all that fuss though. 

46 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

London is shite to live in anyway. I lived there for about 5 years and hated it.

Probably cause you weren't a millionaire footballer..

London's one of the best cities in the world to live in if you're minted lets be honest :lol: 

Edited by Menace

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for.him to rock up at Spuds, playing for their 25th choice manager in front of fans who hate eveeything with no meaningful European football just so he can live in London. Shows me everything about the character of the player and it's something we want to stsy well clear of. This before any of the on field questions I have about him. 

6 hours ago, Stifler said:

When West Ham are selling their best player for £100m-£120m, we shouldn’t be selling below that line for one of ours.

pretty much agree 

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

Probably cause you weren't a millionaire footballer..

London's one of the best cities in the world to live in if you're minted lets be honest :lol: 

I am fairly wealthy. I just like the countryside. I'd rather be in a country pub or walking in the hills than in shit expensive bar 

I’d still say Spurs are a slightly bigger draw than us currently. World-class stadium, London, seen as a bigger club globally (as of right now). Would be a short-sighted view though; I reckon they’ve reached their ceiling while we’re seemingly going on to bigger and better things in the future.

Edited by McCormick

I'd absolutely love to live in London like, for a while, if I earned at least double what I do currently and was gifted a house. It's an absolutely superb city if you're comfortable financially. 

That said I would question the sum motivation of any footballer who would put location ahead of their footballing career. As long as you're a serious club being in the north should be no barrier to attracting serious professionals. Liverpool and Manchester clubs are the case in point there. 

Plus to top level footballers their geographical base becomes almost irrelevant these days, tbh. You have family life and work - and then you have the financial means to do and go as you please in your time off anyway. 

Edited by ponsaelius

Not as a "top target" but I've decided I'd definitely like JWP. What price do you think Southampton would want? 30m?

If we can sign someone of higher calibre, to join our midfield, then JWP would be an excellent further addition to bolster our numbers. There's a few plus points:

Really good character.

Really good technician.

Great set pieces.

Leader.

Can play anywhere in middle, DM, CM and AM.

Probably wouldn't be on huge wages.

Something about him that I think Howe would love. Proper good professional that fits our current team philosophy.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Not as a "top target" but I've decided I'd definitely like JWP. What price do you think Southampton would want? 30m?

If we can sign someone of higher calibre, to join our midfield, then JWP would be an excellent further addition to bolster our numbers. There's a few plus points:

Really good character.

Really good technician.

Great set pieces.

Leader.

Can play anywhere in middle, DM, CM and AM.

Probably wouldn't be on huge wages.

Something about him that I think Howe would love. Proper good professional that fits our current team philosophy.

You'd maybe hope we could get it below £30m if we were to chuck in some shite like Hendrik or Fraser.

If you have a few brain cells you can easily assess that Spurs are in a tailspin of terrible decisions. But yeah London probably still does have a draw when it comes to the WAG’s.

Listen to what Conte said.. “if you don’t care about trying to achieve something, it’s easy” or something to that effect. The players don’t want to play under pressure there.

If Maddison has identified Spurs as a preferential destination that tells you all you need to know about his aspirations. And probably same about Harry Kane if he stays.

If you have ambition, want to work hard and know and accept that you’re going to play for a coach who expects/demands maximum effort, Newcastle is the place.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d honestly prefer the lad from Leipzig, seems a much better fit.

Id be lying if I were to say I’d actually seen him play but I think I’d agree. He’s younger seems to have a great attitude and better physical attributes while also being versatile and good technically. A lot for Howe to work with.

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

If you have a few brain cells you can easily assess that Spurs are in a tailspin of terrible decisions. But yeah London probably still does have a draw when it comes to the WAG’s.

Listen to what Conte said.. “if you don’t care about trying to achieve something, it’s easy” or something to that effect. The players don’t want to play under pressure there.

If Maddison has identified Spurs as a preferential destination that tells you all you need to know about his aspirations. And probably same about Harry Kane if he stays.

If you have ambition, want to work hard and know and accept that you’re going to play for a coach who expects/demands maximum effort, Newcastle is the place.

And a coach that can develop and improve! 

24 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We all believe this of course, but it’s hardly gospel (or even the most important thing to players). We have real money now and that’s enough to attract quality players from abroad who want PL football (Bruno, Isak, Botman). But I think a lot of the league are taking a “wait and see” approach…we could be the next City, or we could be the next Leicester. This is a club that had finished higher than 10th only once in the past ~15 years and been relegated twice in that time.

For all their faults, Spurs are a safe bet: financially stable, will challenge for the CL every year, have some of the best facilities in the game, London, etc. 

Edited by Deuce

A while back, we and Spurs always seemed to be competing for the same players. We were generally at the same level, but then Spurs moved ahead during the Levy - Ashley eras. It's nice to feel that we're rivals again.

The idea that Maddison would prefer to move to London has been kicking around for a while, though the rumours seemed to centre around Arsenal rather than Spurs. There may be other personal factors at work eg proximity to his or his partner's relatives etc. And salaries too - Spurs seem to pay about 50% more.

But yes, there's also the idea amongst Southerners that moving to the North East is like moving to Lapland.

Edited by Cronky