Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

150 million would be about what I expected. That should definitely get four quality players if spent effectively.

Don't think we will actively try to sell any key players but also think the club would definitely be tempted to cash in on some if a team came and offered decent money for the likes of Maxi/Miggy/Murphy etc.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1663197133527216133?t=xg3RSNSTgZVVCSDHbiP2Sw&s=19

Ferran Torres. Yes please.

And

Newcastle have held discussions over the merits of Torino centre-back Perr Schuurs. 

The stylish 23-year-old Holland centre-back also has strong interest from Crystal Palace, who are wary of losing Marc Guehi this window. Torino have been trying to convince Schuurs to stay but may find it difficult to resist decent offers. 

Newcastle hold an interest in Napoli's Kim Min-jae but believe Manchester United are leading that chase ahead of themselves and PSG while Schuurs would be cheaper.

Newcastle scout Mick Tait watched Coventry City striker Viktor Gyokeres at Wembley on Saturday. The Swedish international is a £25m target for Brentford.

Edited by The Butcher

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

£53m for Ugarte - worth a rival bid at that price?

It’s the release clause so unfortunately you’d imagine clubs offer to pay it and it’s down to the offer of the player. Chelsea seem to be in for him now.

3 x Class A - £40m plus each - stars - Botman, Bruno etc

2 x Class B - £20m each - solid pickups - Pope, Trippier

2/3 x Class C - £5m each - potential/youth - from lower leagues - Ashby etc

1 x top quality loan - if Man U and Chelsea can loan in Sabitzer and Felix then surely we can get one in too.

Position-wise I think we need to be a bit flexible but some areas need to be addressed this window - LB, CM/DM, RW. After that we need to think about trading and moving players on as and where necessary. Contract situations will come into things and it may make sense to make big decisions that may be initially unpopular - selling Wilson/Longstaff or something like that.

I'd also consider decent money for ASM, Almiron, Murphy, Burn, Lascelles and Targett provided they're replaced on top of that lot above. Obviously there are another half a dozen that need to leave for the benefit of all parties - Darlow, Lewis, Fraser etc. This window is all about trimming the fat, removing the squad of players who contribute little/nothing, next season is going to be pivotal and each one of the 25 needs to be as fit, motivated and good as possible, can't afford to carry a single one of them. 

Looking forward to seeing how it shapes up over the next 3 months, big task but I'm confident they'll deliver :)

20 minutes ago, midds said:

3 x Class A - £40m plus each - stars - Botman, Bruno etc

2 x Class B - £20m each - solid pickups - Pope, Trippier

2/3 x Class C - £5m each - potential/youth - from lower leagues - Ashby etc

1 x top quality loan - if Man U and Chelsea can loan in Sabitzer and Felix then surely we can get one in too.

Position-wise I think we need to be a bit flexible but some areas need to be addressed this window - LB, CM/DM, RW. After that we need to think about trading and moving players on as and where necessary. Contract situations will come into things and it may make sense to make big decisions that may be initially unpopular - selling Wilson/Longstaff or something like that.

I'd also consider decent money for ASM, Almiron, Murphy, Burn, Lascelles and Targett provided they're replaced on top of that lot above. Obviously there are another half a dozen that need to leave for the benefit of all parties - Darlow, Lewis, Fraser etc. This window is all about trimming the fat, removing the squad of players who contribute little/nothing, next season is going to be pivotal and each one of the 25 needs to be as fit, motivated and good as possible, can't afford to carry a single one of them. 

Looking forward to seeing how it shapes up over the next 3 months, big task but I'm confident they'll deliver :)

I'd love that, but I just can't see us getting that many players. Everyone has ideas of 7/8 players coming in at the start of every summer window,  and by the last week of it,  we're hoping we can atleast bring in a forth :lol: 

I reckon

2 A class

2 B class. 

This is more what I think will happen, rather than what we need.

28 minutes ago, M1tche said:

I think it will be either Ugarte or Szoboszlai?

Sky Sports reporting that Ugarte is in talks with Chelsea so guess it will have to be Szoboszlai.

https://twitter.com/jac_talbot/status/1663222989679099904?s=20

Sky Germany report there were talks between Szoboszlai’s reps and Newcastle: as previously reported, attacker has a €70 million clause. It’s also thought his salary would not be a problem for Magpies.

Patently clear Szoboszlai wants to join Newcastle, but whether they’ll pay €70m is another matter. Guess it’ll be on them next to either meet release clause or make an offer.

8 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Hoping we can also be proactive on outgoings early in the window as well. Plenty of players to potentially move on:

Dubravka, Darlow, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lewis, Fraser, Hendrick, Hayden etc.

This will be key. Wouldn't be totally against Manquillo sticking around as backup.

6 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://twitter.com/jac_talbot/status/1663222989679099904?s=20

Sky Germany report there were talks between Szoboszlai’s reps and Newcastle: as previously reported, attacker has a €70 million clause. It’s also thought his salary would not be a problem for Magpies.

Patently clear Szoboszlai wants to join Newcastle, but whether they’ll pay €70m is another matter. Guess it’ll be on them next to either meet release clause or make an offer.

€70m is about £60m isn't it? If we think he's "the one" then I think we'd go close to that. Especially if the wages are not prohibitive.