Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest HTT II
Just now, McCormick said:

Hope everything is all right, mate.

Hoping to get a contract with NUFC at the end of them!

Think either Maddison or João Pedro would theoretically be similar to Paqueta in what they would add in terms of versatility.

I've convinced myself that we'll go balls out for Maddison on deadline day and he will push to be allowed leave.

Just think he'd add so fucking much to the squad.

First choice RW, which the way we play isn't really a proper wide man. He'd be such an upgrade over Almiron there, both in terms of creating chances and adding goals himself. He'd be a joy to watch link up with Trippier too.

Also, he could so easily drop into the midfield three if we want to play Isak just off Wilson or if we've injuries in midfield.

Obviously would be great to get others in too but if you told me our our only incoming this week was going to be him I'd be thrilled.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

They apparently need to reduce their wage bill because they're in danger of failing UEFA FFP rules, if they get into Europe. So I don't think they'd be looking to sell to buy.

Don’t think there’s any danger they are getting in to Europe this season

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, gdm said:

Gonna guess based on nothing Joao pedro and a midfielder on loan.

I’d be very happy with that!

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Might as well keep going and do a full rebuild is the way I see it :lol:

Despite all of those apparently devastating losses they're still top of the league :lol: 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Go for Haidara then

I wouldn’t want him back, like! He was never the same after that injury!

I do think we need two 'big' players. The lack of depth is alamrming and Howe's all-action style will have injuries. Right now, we have no Joelinton replacement, no Bruno replacement, and no real Pope replacement (if Dubravka goes). And Almiron/Fraser needs upgrading. So a Haidara/Sangare quality mid, alongside a Pulisic level RW is the minimum requirement. A Joao Pedro / Kone pair of 20 year olds who can be called on would be great too and would pad out the squad nicely. 

I think it’s very unrealistic, and people are setting themselves up for disappointment, expecting 2 starting 11 players to walk through the door.

When has ANY team ever had a perfect window and solved all of their problems at once?

I’m at the stage where I’m expecting a CM on loan and that’s all. And that would represent a very solid 2nd transfer window.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

On Maddison, after the start Leicester have had it’s unlikely he’s going to want to sign a new deal. If we Chuck in an offer of 50-55 million and he asks to leave they may reluctantly accept

We’ve bought in 2 of Europes most highly rated young players in Botman and Isak, it’s already been a brilliant window. One more in, ideally CM on loan would top it off. I think we will wait for next summer to try land our top RW target in either Harrison or Diaby.

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

On Maddison, after the start Leicester have had it’s unlikely he’s going to want to sign a new deal. If we Chuck in an offer of 50-55 million and he asks to leave they may reluctantly accept

They would bite our hand off for 50m I think.  

Although, if we can get someone in I doubt the fee will be 50m.