Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

"Newcastle might have infuriated Ajax even further after reportedly making a £34million offer for Edson Alvarez before last Thursday’s transfer deadline. The Eredivisie side were left fuming during the summer window as several of their key players were prised away. 

The Magpies, who have enjoyed a positive start to the season under Eddie Howe, apparently prepared a £34m bid for midfielder Alvarez ahead of the deadline. Chelsea also made a proposal for the Mexico international."

mail.

9 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Mudryk?

I hadn't heard of him until Arsenal were in for him close to deadline day.

Looks like a beast though, like the winger version of Haaland in that he seems like a viking robot [emoji38]

35 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This new guy at Napoli Khvicha Kvaratskhelia would have ticked all the boxes what a fucking bargain. Just shows you don’t need to spend huge money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62728822

Yes, you're right. However, most fans never accept it and don't really trust proper scouting and recruitment.

All they want is big names that have been on the highlights on Match of the Day the previous week.

If we'd been linked people would have been going on about his goal record or whatever other nonsense and would have accused the club of being cheap and buying players that are not top 6 players etc. before even seeing the guy play.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, you're right. However, most fans never accept it and don't really trust proper scouting and recruitment.

All they want is big names that have been on the highlights on Match of the Day the previous week.

If we'd been linked people would have been going on about his goal record or whatever other nonsense and would have accused the club of being cheap and buying players that are not top 6 players etc. before even seeing the guy play.

But this shouldn't be a reason for them to not go for these kinds of players.

People said the same type of things about Pope, Targett and Burn just because they weren't glamorous Isak type signings. 

I guess the reasoning behind their scouting approach so far is not being able to afford to take risks at this current stage. They wanted to build a solid base and they have done this succesfully. 

I think going forward now we will take more gambles/risky types of transfers, like that brazilian kid we've been linked with this morning. 

Edited by Joey47

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

People said the same type of things about Pope, Targett and Burn just because they weren't glamorous Isak type signings. 

Howe has spoken about the need to identify plsyers before they become a household name. Ashworth has been successful at it at Brighton, so you'd imagine it's something we'll do going forward.

4 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I never said they shouldn't go for them.

We really seem to be on top of things from a scouting stand point and that will continue to improve.

I think we will increasingly start to do better deals abroad as other Prem clubs become increasingly more difficult to deal with.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I never said they shouldn't go for them.

We really seem to be on top of things from a scouting stand point and that will continue to improve.

I think we will increasingly start to do better deals abroad as other Prem clubs become increasingly more difficult to deal with.

Yeah I know you didn't say that. Was more directed at the scouting team, because even though I understand them not wanting to take many risks up to this point, it feels like some absolute bargains slipped through our fingers this summer window.

Like that Kvaratshkelia for example. If it's true he would have never got a work permit then fair enough but there has been many other players transferred this window that I'd have like us to have made a move for.

28 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Yeah I know you didn't say that. Was more directed at the scouting team, because even though I understand them not wanting to take many risks up to this point, it feels like some absolute bargains slipped through our fingers this summer window.

Like that Kvaratshkelia for example. If it's true he would have never got a work permit then fair enough but there has been many other players transferred this window that I'd have like us to have made a move for.

Yeah, I think we'll get there eventually. We seem to be in very good hands.

2 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Don't quite understand how he can be registered if we've already submitted our squad and we're at 25?

Unless we haven't, but I thought you had to at the end of the transfer window.

Same way wolves are signing Diego Costa after the window closed. Not sure exactly why it's allowed though.

3 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Don't quite understand how he can be registered if we've already submitted our squad and we're at 25?

Unless we haven't, but I thought you had to at the end of the transfer window.

Don't think we have yet and either way you can normally get away with bringing in a keeper.