Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

We've got smart people onboard here.

One of the things we need to start to do next summer is - start upgrading our squad players. Pretty much every senior player we've signed has been for the XI. And getting rid of what we have.

IMO we are 2 players away from a really good first XI. I hope we sign both in January, then that gives us half a season to see what the team looks like then.

Long-term I don't think Isak is best placed as a right sided forward in a 4-3-3.

He should be our main CF. He will be too it’s only a matter of time once we strengthen one or two other areas. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

The rest of the league are doing us a favour, there is more value and quality abroad imo. 

Taking a bigger chance though, especially with loans. If they don't hit the ground running, in a different league. It often takes a year for imports to settle in. Also Howe has stated that loans earne't idea because the player might not be invested in the club.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, obviously it's wise, but the options are limited.

5 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Interesting piece from Waugh and Caulkin: Inside Newcastle United’s transfer window: The moment they decided to ‘do something big’

Those without a subscription could consider using a ladder of 12 feet or so and see most it.

"It is less about sell-on value than 'push-on' value, as they phrase it inside the club." :sweetjesus:

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We've got smart people onboard here.

One of the things we need to start to do next summer is - start upgrading our squad players. Pretty much every senior player we've signed has been for the XI. And getting rid of what we have.

IMO we are 2 players away from a really good first XI. I hope we sign both in January, then that gives us half a season to see what the team looks like then.

Long-term I don't think Isak is best placed as a right sided forward in a 4-3-3.

We could just continue to upgrade the first team and the squad improves. Buy Diaby [or similar] and Almiron becomes a squad player and Murphy fucks off [soz Jake]. Buy Maddison [or similar] and Willock can continue his development with less immediate expectation. Buy a Schar/Lascelles hybrid and Schar becomes our back up.

At that point we'll have a first eleven that we're happy with, but that doesn't necessarily mean we stick.

I do agree that we need to continue our focus on youngsters that can make it. But we need a mixture in reserve. Solid reliable players that are winding down their careers at the club, for when you NEED somebody. And a nice sprinkling of youngsters who can step up when the opportunity presents itself. I think we've signed three of them this window. Those players will have matured in a year or two.

This is why I give the window 10/10

The club has laid out it's intentions and they fill me with hope.

14 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It depends on how this season goes, I guess, but I can't see us keeping Wilson next year. He seems pretty 'alpha' so I can't imagine he'd agree to a rotation role under the proviso of injury protection. Maybe if we get into Europe he'd stick around for that?

Hmm. I don't think so. I reckon Wilson is switched on enough to accept his limitations, and would be happy to be one of our top two forwards. If we were to sign another Isak that might change. Think we should maybe look for a younger player who can step in in a year or two, replacing Wood.

1 minute ago, B-more Mag said:

Interesting tidbit from that article above: " Interestingly, Nickson even travelled to Brazil to watch Santos’ 2-1 loss to Flamengo in July to track Angelo Gabriel, a versatile 17-year-old forward, who Newcastle continue to monitor."

I want an Angel in the team and if it’s Gabriel all the better! ?

14 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Interesting tidbit from that article above: " Interestingly, Nickson even travelled to Brazil to watch Santos’ 2-1 loss to Flamengo in July to track Angelo Gabriel, a versatile 17-year-old forward, who Newcastle continue to monitor."

Don't know anything about him but he sounds perfect.

20 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I want an Angel in the team and if it’s Gabriel all the better! ?

Well we already have the Pope…

24 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Yes, this was reported back in July.

Even more interesting is that by the time the January window opens he will be 18 years old and so we'll be able to sign him then.

There were also some reports that we later on went to see Palmeiras and Sau Paulo and had an eye on Danilo the Palmeiras DM.

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, this was reported back in July.

Even more interesting is that by the time the January window opens he will be 18 years old and so we'll be able to sign him then.

There were also some reports that we later on went to see Palmeiras and Sau Paulo and had an eye on Danilo the Palmeiras DM.

:thup: Really happy to see they're working on getting connections established in South America. 

Hopefully we establish good connections with some Mexican clubs and their football scene!

Edited by HTT II