Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

16 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

This is panning out like my favourite FM save. Buy up the best young prospects for reasonable fees and have them grow together into £100m players.

In my case it was Tielemans, Rotariu, Jovic (plus others). Bonus point to anyone who can guess which edition that was...

FM15?

34 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Imagine going to Jan in the top 7 and signing Diaby or Maddison :lol: 

Why not both? :lol:

Just a bit greedy I guess. :lol: But even going back to Ashley we signed Cisse when 7th and it kicked us on to having a chance of finishing in the top 4 on the final day. Being in touch of Europe will certainly would help our chances of signing quality in January. 

I think we will be reluctant to do business in January unless a deal really works. 

I just can't see Leicester budging on the Maddison situation. I understand his contract is running down but it didn't stop them from keeping a hold of Tielemans.

Also, given how utterly shite they are, can they really afford to lose Maddison in January? They'd almost certainly get relegated IMO.

Diaby is a different one. I suspect Leverkusen are much more accepting to the fact they have to keep selling to keep finances coming in. In Germany, only Bayern can afford not to sell.

I'm still not convinced we will sign either of them in January. Its much more probable that we will look to South America or even go back in for Joao Pedro.

Next summer we will certainly go big on 3/4 Botman/Isak types.

46 minutes ago, STM said:

I think we will be reluctant to do business in January unless a deal really works. 

I just can't see Leicester budging on the Maddison situation. I understand his contract is running down but it didn't stop them from keeping a hold of Tielemans.

Also, given how utterly shite they are, can they really afford to lose Maddison in January? They'd almost certainly get relegated IMO.

Diaby is a different one. I suspect Leverkusen are much more accepting to the fact they have to keep selling to keep finances coming in. In Germany, only Bayern can afford not to sell.

I'm still not convinced we will sign either of them in January. Its much more probable that we will look to South America or even go back in for Joao Pedro.

I doubt Leicester are happy with the Tielemans situation and I would be suprised if they were happy for it to happen again.

Also they were short of money in the summer, yes they sold Fofana however Maddison is probably their most valuable player so I can’t see them keeping him to lose him for free. 

If he wants to leave and has no intention of signing a new deal then selling him becomes their only option imo. 

10 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I doubt Leicester are happy with the Tielemans situation and I would be suprised if they were happy for it to happen again.

Also they were short of money in the summer, yes they sold Fofana however Maddison is probably their most valuable player so I can’t see them keeping him to lose him for free. 

If he wants to leave and has no intention of signing a new deal then selling him becomes their only option imo. 

Also them sinking like a stone to the lower regions of the table will make it even harder to keep their best players. No decent player in their right minds wants to play for a self-aggrandising tit like Rodgers. His teams always fade after initially looking very good.

4 hours ago, STM said:

If we could get Maddison early enough it could work for them getting replacements in for the championship.

The key thing is the wage structure is starting to be pushed upward now, Wilson’s new contract is good indicator of this. Will open up more options for us next summer, still don’t expect anyone coming in on 200k a week though, the mid 100s will probably be the upper limit for now.

35 minutes ago, Nine said:

The key thing is the wage structure is starting to be pushed upward now, Wilson’s new contract is good indicator of this. Will open up more options for us next summer, still don’t expect anyone coming in on 200k a week though, the mid 100s will probably be the upper limit for now.

Looks like at the moment £120kpw is the ceiling and this will gradually increase as the squad improves and players under contract prove their worth over a decent period of time. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Looks like at the moment £120kpw is the ceiling and this will gradually increase as the squad improves and players under contract prove their worth over a decent period of time. 

Yep exactly, I said (back in Jan?) I thought wed be approaching this slowly and as we had just brought in Trips/Bruno on around that number it seemed logical that 120kish was the limit for now. 100% it will be pushed this summer though, all the signs are there.. new contracts for Bruno and maybe ASM depending on the mid/long term plans for him is what I expect to happen at some point in the near future which would put them towards or about 150k pw (Bruno perhaps even a little higher). 2 maybe even 3 players in the summer brought in at that sort of number would seem the next logical step.

Edited by Nine

So far their strategy has been virtually impeccable. Here's some ratings for no other reason than I'm bored:

Trippier: He's been our talisman. Has been a key reason for our mentality change. 10/10

Wood: Ultimately he's a dud but we were in a tight spot and at least we weakened Burnley. 5/10

Bruno: Second only to De Bruyne in the PL IMO, unreal signing. 10/10

Burn: Versatile, good with his feet, a leader, experienced, great character. Transformed our defence. 8/10

Targett: Solid as a rock. Good lad. Not blessed with attacking instincts but Mr Reliable. 7/10

Pope: Alot of raised eyebrows about whether we needed a GK but he's proven an absolute bargain. 8/10

Botman: Would it be clichéd to say Rolls Royce? 10/10

Isak: Time will tell. From an ambition perspective I will give it a 9/10

A 7/8 strike rate is good going in the world of transfers. Overall they get a 9/10 for transfer performance.

30 minutes ago, STM said:

So far their strategy has been virtually impeccable. Here's some ratings for no other reason than I'm bored:

Trippier: He's been our talisman. Has been a key reason for our mentality change. 10/10

Wood: Ultimately he's a dud but we were in a tight spot and at least we weakened Burnley. 5/10

Bruno: Second only to De Bruyne in the PL IMO, unreal signing. 10/10

Burn: Versatile, good with his feet, a leader, experienced, great character. Transformed our defence. 8/10

Targett: Solid as a rock. Good lad. Not blessed with attacking instincts but Mr Reliable. 7/10

Pope: Alot of raised eyebrows about whether we needed a GK but he's proven an absolute bargain. 8/10

Botman: Would it be clichéd to say Rolls Royce? 10/10

Isak: Time will tell. From an ambition perspective I will give it a 9/10

A 7/8 strike rate is good going in the world of transfers. Overall they get a 9/10 for transfer performance.

Wood is a 3/10, at best. I'll refrain from scoring Isak as its early days, but I can get on board with the rest of your ratings.

Also, hearing the term Rolls-Royce of a defender being aimed at Botman. I always thought the idea of a RR player is that they are superb quality but the reliability isn't there and always breaking down. Hence why it was aimed at Rio & Woodgate.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Also, hearing the term Rolls-Royce of a defender being aimed at Botman. I always thought the idea of a RR player is that they are superb quality but the reliability isn't there and always breaking down. Hence why it was aimed at Rio & Woodgate.

Errr, no. Just top of the range.