Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Malo Gusto could be a good one.

What a shout! Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s France’s first choice Rb in a few years. Looks the real deal.

Annoyed I got beaten to the “bad taste” joke, though  :sad: .

Edited by McCormick

13 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I still don’t expect us to make any major signings in January, I think we will wait till the summer.

If we have a genuine chance at Europe at that stage then they'll invest in my opinion.

Also Maddison probably won't come to us in the Summer, by then other big clubs will be after him. So maybe we will do a shock Jan approach.

13 hours ago, midds said:

Slow and steady wins the race eventually. 1 more quality player in January, finish maybe 7th or 8th, another 3 or 4 added in Summer '23 using free transfers perhaps and we're going into next season strong with quality in the XI and the bench. It'll happen and there's no rush. Build it solid, build it strong, no short cuts or cutting corners please. 

Here here 

I know I’m jumping ahead here a bit but come next season if you include the January transfer and summer windows - how many potential new starters would you say? (By potential I mean real quality though as ever Howe may ease certain players in as we’ve seen). 

Off the top of my head I’m going:

New LB

New right sided CB

Number 6

Winger 

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

For some reason thinking about Yedlin reminded me Bruce often played Krafth at CB ahead of Schar the mentalist.

[emoji38]

Professional football manager btw 

18 minutes ago, duo said:

Maddison should be our focus this Jan. 

Think we'd still need a DM to free up Bruno but aye, he's the elite signing I think we'd go for.

Maybe a DM in January so we've still got the flexibility of either Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff or Shelvey this season alongside Bruno, then add Maddison to it in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we'd still need a DM to free up Bruno but aye, he's the elite signing I think we'd go for.

Maybe a DM in January so we've still got the flexibility of either Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff or Shelvey this season alongside Bruno, then add Maddison to it in the summer.

I think we need another attacking option this Jan. With key injuries were definitely light going forwards. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Not confident at all on Maddison like due to Leicester struggling. Would be unforgivable if they sold him and went down. 

They'll be mid table by the time the window opens, which is exactly where you'd want them if you want one of their players.

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Not confident at all on Maddison like due to Leicester struggling. Would be unforgivable if they sold him and went down. 

If Maddison wants to go - provided Newcastle agree a fee he'll be sold.