Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

28 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Any other type of rumour I tend to dismiss out of hand. We have a specific type and we don't tend to deviate much from it. So no one over 26-27, no one on huge wages, no one who won't immediately push to be a first team member. 

I think the only potential mitigating factor in Jan may be our proximity to the European places. If they feel there is a chance to get into the top 6 this season (probably a season or two earlier than they anticipated), I can see them shopping for a more top level, established type signing in an effort to get us over the line. Not saying they're going to do something daft like sign Hazard, but can see them potentially trying to make another 'Trippier' style signing. Someone they know can come in and make an immediate impact. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

I think the only potential mitigating factor in Jan may be our proximity to the European places. If they feel there is a chance to get into the top 6 this season (probably a season or two earlier than they anticipated), I can see them shopping for a more top level, established type signing in an effort to get us over the line. Not saying they're going to do something daft like sign Hazard, but can see them potentially trying to make another 'Trippier' style signing. Someone they know can come in and make an immediate impact. 

Hazard is finished anyway, this is his 4th season at Madrid and he's only scored 4 league goals.

Untitled5668769n.jpg

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Like him a lot. Classy player.

Can play left, right and upfront.

Yep we where linked in the summer so had a look then, looks the real deal and linked to Liverpool as a Firmino replacement. Did sign a new deal in the summer, wonder if it has a clause in.

If he was so keen to leave this squad and be third choice elsewhere then he can go fuck himself tbh. Which is a shame, because I thought he was mint a year or so ago and questioned why we were signing a similar level of player in Pope [emoji38]

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would be a superb signing. For 30m that would be a steal for 25yr old with his record and talent.

Having a choice/mixture of Wilson, Isak and Terrier is an excellent thought. Especially if we are going to be competing in Europe next season, we need that kind of strength and adaptability in the squad.

56 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

God forbid Pope goes down, but imagine if Karius has been Howe’d and plays like Ederson

He’s big into the psychology so may be helping him too. Deal with that. Iron the mental side out and we have a bloody good number 2

40 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I wonder how we’re gonna deal with Dubravka when he inevitably gets sent back from his loan

18 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Transfer list and train with 21s.

I can see it now. Under 23s away to Sunderland. We play him in goal along with half the 1st team. They've only got 9 players on the pitch and, in the last minute, Dubs goes up for a corner and scores with his hand. 

Straight into NUFC folklore ?

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

God forbid Pope goes down, but imagine if Karius has been Howe’d and plays like Ederson

I’m fully expecting him too. 

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

I can see it now. Under 23s away to Sunderland. We play him in goal along with half the 1st team. They've only got 9 players on the pitch and, in the last minute, Dubs goes up for a corner and scores with his hand. 

Straight into NUFC folklore ?

:lol: then our 16 year old hooligans chase theirs off their own patch by chucking vape pens and coins. 

On 31/10/2022 at 17:01, Kanji said:

I'm still sat here thinking about how interesting this January window will be. Assuming we get the right results and stay around 4-5th place before the World Cup break, how do we strengthen? 

Tactically we're absolutely guns blazing pressing team and our #8's in Joelinton, Willock, and Longstaff all have a TON of legs to get about the pitch. I know Bruno wants to play further forward, but he hasn't the same athleticism as those three who are performing so damn well. If we sign a top class #6, and Bruno takes the Longstaff role, does that harm our ability to press? ie: Longstaff's interception v the Spurs game for Miggy's goal. If we sign a winger, how does that impact Miggy's role in the team? Miggy is undroppabe at this point from a goal return perspective but he's also incredible in the press. 

It puts us in the fabulous position of not desperately looking to plug gaps in every area of the pitch and risk spreading the money around too thinly to address any of them properly, and instead maybe look to make a couple of real impact signings who can take us to the next level instead. Seems like our summer policy of not spending on placeholder signings like Dennis or Sarr for example, has really paid off. Got to hand it to Howe again on this one, he could have panicked and whinged about his squad like Bruce did, but instead he insisted his players were already good enough, they just needed proper coaching. Now we can look to bring in only players we really think will make a difference long term.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

It puts us in the fabulous position of not desperately looking to plug gaps in every area of the pitch and risk spreading the money around too thinly to address any of them properly, and instead maybe look to make a couple of real impact signings who can take us to the next level instead. Seems like our summer policy of not spending on placeholder signings like Dennis or Sarr for example, has really paid off. Got to hand it to Howe again on this one, he could have panicked and whinged about his squad like Bruce did, but instead he insisted his players were already good enough, they just needed proper coaching. Now we can look to bring in only players we really think will make a difference long term.

I think they’ll go for a winger to add goals, attacking 3 options and depth off the bench to change games with various names mentioned. Maddison could well happen as we were clearly interested in the summer but that might be more protracted in Jan and depends how much we can get him for. We could also see areas like RB covered with the loan market maybe. 

Striker is an interesting one because while Isak can no doubt fill in for Wilson he’s a very different type of player. I think we’ll look to bring in a young striker more in the traditional centre forward mould and if someone became available in Jan don’t rule that out (but more likely next summer). Someone who can deputise for and learn from Wilson moving forwards. 

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think they’ll go for a winger to add goals, attacking 3 options and depth off the bench to change games with various names mentioned. Maddison could well happen as we were clearly interested in the summer but that might be more protracted in Jan and depends how much we can get him for. We could also see areas like RB covered with the loan market maybe. 

Striker is an interesting one because while Isak can no doubt fill in for Wilson he’s a very different type of player. I think we’ll look to bring in a young striker more in the traditional centre forward mould and if someone became available in Jan don’t rule that out (but more likely next summer). Someone who can deputise for and learn from Wilson moving forwards. 

I was wondering about the striker situation as well, but I guess we might wait to see how we cope once Isak and Wilson are both available at the same time. A young CF who can lead the line makes sense, but might be difficult to persuade one of sufficient quality to come here with those two in front of him.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I was wondering about the striker situation as well, but I guess we might wait to see how we cope once Isak and Wilson are both available at the same time. A young CF who can lead the line makes sense, but might be difficult to persuade one of sufficient quality to come here with those two in front of him.

I think the thing which hurt Isak v Bournemouth was there was bugger all movement elsewhere that day. The way we’re playing currently with Bruno, Miggy etc and then stick Maxi wide left there’ll be much slicker movement that Isak should get more space even playing centrally (if needed). 

Agreed getting a striker to play second fiddle to Wilson difficult and more likely in summer. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie