Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

How physical is he? Fast, strong etc.? Defensively?

Youtube suggests he’s pretty decent technically but I worry for our midfield without Joelinton’s power in there.

Hard to compare him.

Deep lying playmaker. Great technique and eye for a pass.

Good defensively, and awesome in tight spaces. 

Perrone and the Andrey Santos rumours almost seem too good to be true - stocking up on the best young South American CM talent.

Perrone, Santos, Kuol, Harrison Ashby + 1 marquee signing (Diaby/Maddison/Martin Terrier) and it'd be a very....interesting January.

26 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Hard to compare him.

Deep lying playmaker. Great technique and eye for a pass.

Good defensively, and awesome in tight spaces. 

Left footed DMs always look slick - Redondo, Mikky Merino

2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Perhaps we’re paying a bit extra for first dibs on some of their prospects or something?

Is it not because the release clause will be an upfront payment?

Where as we would rather pay more and make it a structured deal based on various things.

Our ability to spend money, seems entirely dependent on how we can spread payments out.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Is it not because the release clause will be an upfront payment?

Where as we would rather pay more and make it a structured deal based on various things.

Our ability to spend money, seems entirely dependent on how we can spread payments out.

Aye, could be related to that too, although a 50% increase on the fee seems steep for a staged payment deal.

Edit: don’t think payment terms actually matters for FFP, since it’s all about amortisation isn’t it?

Edited by Unbelievable

4 hours ago, Emotic said:

I thought the point of a release clause is that the player can be released if the clause is met[emoji38]

Wasn’t there a PL transfer a few years back where a bid was made for a player (can’t recall who) but the player wasn’t released as the clause allowed negotiations if the sum was met but not immediate release? 

42 minutes ago, SAK said:

Wasn’t there a PL transfer a few years back where a bid was made for a player (can’t recall who) but the player wasn’t released as the clause allowed negotiations if the sum was met but not immediate release? 

Suarez from Liverpool to Arsenal in 2013- they bid £40m + £1 

It's going to be an interesting window. We know we hold long standing interests in Maddison and Pedro and it seems we're lining up a number of youngsters, particularly in South America.

I don't think we'll go crackers, but we'll definitely strengthen.

37 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's going to be an interesting window. We know we hold long standing interests in Maddison and Pedro and it seems we're lining up a number of youngsters, particularly in South America.

I don't think we'll go crackers, but we'll definitely strengthen.

I’d probably take Pedro over Maddison. Think he’d be a better fit.

25 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’d probably take Pedro over Maddison. Think he’d be a better fit.

Think that's a pretty wild choice.  Maddison one best players in prem at the moment.

Edited by Slim

37 minutes ago, Slim said:

Think that's a pretty wild choice.  Maddison one best players in prem at the moment.

Never see him press effectively. Not particularly pacy. Plays at his own tempo and another player very strong on one foot and very weak on the other. I think he’d stick out like Shelvey does now and if he’s meant to be fitted into our front three you’ve got to be able to press hard and fast.

What (admittedly little) I’ve seen of Pedro is good pace, comfortable using both feet so could cover across the frontline. Physically strong so would offer more aerially and great footwork and balance.

Don’t get me wrong Maddison is a very good player but all round Pedro looks a lovely footballer.

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Basically confirming what I’d read previously…

Ben Jacobs

@JacobsBen

4h

& Mudryk has noticed many #AFC fans courting him online: “One surprise for me was how many Arsenal fans followed me. No other club’s fans have interacted as much. They tell me they're waiting for me saying, ‘Come to us’. One of my recent posts has over 500 comments saying that.”

..we need to get on twitter :howe:

41 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Never see him press effectively. Not particularly pacy. Plays at his own tempo and another player very strong on one foot and very weak on the other. I think he’d stick out like Shelvey does now and if he’s meant to be fitted into our front three you’ve got to be able to press hard and fast.

What (admittedly little) I’ve seen of Pedro is good pace, comfortable using both feet so could cover across the frontline. Physically strong so would offer more aerially and great footwork and balance.

Don’t get me wrong Maddison is a very good player but all round Pedro looks a lovely footballer.

I’m sorry but Maddison is not ‘very strong on one foot and very weak on the other’.

I’m pretty sure he’s scored against us from outside the box with both his right and left foot.