Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

30 minutes ago, duo said:

Wasn't that before Wilson got injured though?  Howe did say 'nothing imminant' which would imply we haven't yet bid/and or had a bid accepted for Varela or any player.

I would take whatever Eddie says about transfers and injuries with a huge dose of salt 

7 minutes ago, LV said:

I would take whatever Eddie says about transfers and injuries with a huge dose of salt 

Agreed , Why give an inch away in terms of info , when all the top teams complete for the same players.

Best to say nothing (until it’s done) 

Plenty of others to feed the fire.

Eddie Howe will never give anything away and the club will try to keep as quiet (as possible) 

Next player in by the sounds of it (sky)

Iván Fresneda

The 18-year-old right-back is also a target of Juventus and AC Milan but Newcastle are trying to get an initial £10million deal done to sign him in this window. The plan is then to advance with a structured deal which could rise close to £30million over time #nufc

Would be class if we could get say Fresneda, Varela and Franca under 50m (initially).  I like going this Route. Wouldn’t mind a “statement” either. 

Half an Enzo for three players that could become stars themselves. 

Edited by Ikon

12 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Personally stopped believing/reading most drivel that the journos come out with, especially (I kna it's Edwards but still) after this back in the summer.

Easiest job in the world. 'Can't see them paying up for him' then a few days later 'awh nar circumstances have changed'.

Circumstances did change. R/S dropped their value from £80m to £53+£10m add ons and Isak halved his wage demands from £260kpw to £125kpw. Probably both knowing he was injured. The moving part at our end was also Wilson’s injury worse than originally thought but ultimately it was the change at the selling end that made the deal doable.