Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Used to be in the "I don't really care if we sign any players" camp, but getting a bit sick of having Wood and Murphy coming on every game. Desperately lacking cover in midfield and full back positions as well like. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Both utter shit. 

Manquillo has never let us down and the club spent big on Lewis and EH actually had him playing well and first choice LB if I recall before he got injured.

Have no doubt Howe could get them to play their part in the odd game for “cover” for remains of this season if needed.

So saying we have no cover is wrong. Yes they are a downgrade but cover usually is.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Manquillo has never let us down and the club spent big on Lewis and EH actually had him playing well and first choice LB if I recall before he got injured.

Have no doubt Howe could get them to play their part in the odd game for “cover” for remains of this season if needed.

So saying we have no cover is wrong. Yes they are a downgrade but cover usually is.

it’s a shame Krafth got injured, he was brilliant at the end of last season. 

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Lots of people were saying this when Emil Krafth came in to cover Trippier last season, he was outstanding. People have short memories and base their opinion on an idea they have in their head.

It's not ideal, but it isn't going to change overnight, I have confidence that if it came to it Howe could get a performance out of both of them, as he has done before.

Edited by Comegetasample

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Used to be in the "I don't really care if we sign any players" camp, but getting a bit sick of having Wood and Murphy coming on every game. Desperately lacking cover in midfield and full back positions as well like. 

A fit Isak covers the Wood problem.

ASM could possibly cover the Murphy problem too.

I'd probably like us to get at least 1 midfielder that can play... mabe two (a Maddison type and a deeper type). And some young talent for fullback.

1 minute ago, Comegetasample said:

Lots of people were saying this when Emil Krafth came in to cover Trippier last season, he was outstanding. People have short memories and base there opinion on an idea they have in their head.

It's not ideal, but it isn't going to change overnight, I have confidence that if it came to it Howe could get a performance out of both of them, as he has done before.

Exactly. People on here had Kraft behind Manquillo due to Javier’s form (notably under Bruce). Short memories indeed.

We just need more quality. Need to stop thinking of it as having a strongest XI and signing options for the bench, or thinking we shouldn't sign quality players because they don't fit with our system too.

We have one of the best tactical managers in the league - sign players who give him more tactical flexibility. Maddison would be ideal because gives us something we don't have and can play 3 or 4 different roles. Koné would be really good too because it would allow us to play a double pivot in some games.

I don't think we need to spunk a load of money on a backup/prospect full back this window... leave that for the summer. Sign some first team options this window so we can keep the momentum going.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You love players who are absolutely done at NUFC. :lol: 

It's nowt to do with short memories. Both players have hardly kicked a ball in years, they're finished here and we're desperate for more competent cover if we're to sustain a CL challenge and two cup runs. 

Teams that want to be great have to keep improving in every way they can. We do have players who can do a job if needed, but we want more than that. At least it appears we do. So it's imperative that we continue signing quality players at every position to improve the standard. 

And given that we seem to be focusing on signing high character players who have the right attitude, none of them should be offended or upset if they have to compete for their position.

This is what it is to be a big club.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

If he gets injured who do we play at RB?

If Miggy gets injured who do we play at right wing? If Bruno gets injured who do we play? Joelinton? etc. It's the same all over the pitch to be honest. An injury anywhere on the field would be fairly catastrophic. 

I just think improving the quality in the midfield and forward line is more important at this stage. Manquillo is sound enough defensively as a backup that is going to get minimal minutes because the player ahead of him is so good. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

You love players who are absolutely done at NUFC. :lol: 

It's nowt to do with short memories. Both players have hardly kicked a ball in years, they're finished here and we're desperate for more competent cover if we're to sustain a CL challenge and two cup runs. 

Like Willock? Like Almiron? Like Joelinton?  🙂 I trust Howe to improve them that’s all.

Its everything to do with short memories. Lewis has been plagued by injuries yet this season alone was played at Fulham when we had the chance to rest Burn as well as coming on at Tranmere. Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets minutes against Sheffield Wednesday. Manquillo played against Crystal Palace in the cup this year as soon as he was back from an injury. So that’s 50%. All under EH. 

Previous to him they were our first choice FBs and EH has only been here just over a year. So to say they’ve hardly kicked a ball in years is wrong.

Will they be here next season? Probably not but FB cover in the short term is not a priority this window. Centre Midfielder that can play both 6/8 priority then a forward that can play 7/9/11 is next what we need to prioritise.

I suggested Kyle Walker-Peters, as he can play on both sides but...

Ultimately, the club are going to take their time and sign players who are going to take us to the next level. I suspect there is some regret on signing Targett permenantly.

I cant see them signing in-between players, who can fill in (like I suggested above), they would see that as a waste of time and money, when they could just sign someone young with maximum potential.