Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Smal said:

When ASM was starting games and playing well, we had Joelinton at left centre midfield and he covered most of the defensive work for that flank.

Seems like this was an ideal setup. With ASM's future in question, I wonder if a lw is a priority. Is Joelinton best at lcm or lw? I would say lcm.

18 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Seems like this was an ideal setup. With ASM's future in question, I wonder if a lw is a priority. Is Joelinton best at lcm or lw? I would say lcm.

I much prefer Big Joe as a LCM - just covers a side all by himself 

Time for us to start making some moves I think, we want people in the age bracket 17-23 realistically with huge ceilings. Let Eddie work his magic. CM, RB, AM all useful positions we could fill. I think Willock should be played LW from now on, he’s proved himself there, ASM is cover. On the right, no one is taking Almiron’s place but we need cover there too as I’m done with seeing Murphy come on 

Yeah of the 2 I much prefer Willock out wide to Joe. He's got the raw pace which you want there to frighten defences and Joelinton has the strength to dominate the centre where I often feel Willock is a bit lightweight.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah of the 2 I much prefer Willock out wide to Joe. He's got the raw pace which you want there to frighten defences and Joelinton has the strength to dominate the centre where I often feel Willock is a bit lightweight.

The Athletic had an article a while back about footballers new being less defined by positions than their role on the pitch and that's what we see here. They both cover that side and central but bring slightly differing skill sets to the team they can switch from where each other is which makes them a bugger to mark (teams will work out how to do this in time) and are getting better at reading each other as a partnership and how that works with others (full back and players inside). It'll be interesting to watch how it develops and how Maxi can hopefully bring his skill set into to it providing different options for different scenarios.

Not sure there's enough quality on the ball between Willock and Joelinton to be a long term pairing in LCM and LW. Not where we're hoping to go, anyway. I think we'd struggle to break teams down.

Maybe if we were to get someone like Maddison in alongside Bruno in CM it could work.

35 minutes ago, Shak said:

Not sure there's enough quality on the ball between Willock and Joelinton to be a long term pairing in LCM and LW. Not where we're hoping to go, anyway. I think we'd struggle to break teams down.

Maybe if we were to get someone like Maddison in alongside Bruno in CM it could work.

I agree. But you can see the way we are trying to move tactically. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

In the Champions League spots and genuine shot at silverware. The temptation to go big must be there...

It’ll make the semi occasions even better if we have a couple of new players ready to bring on as subs. ? 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just dawned on me. He was more central last night with Little Joe outF6FF42C9-42A0-4205-A313-BAD71777E638.thumb.jpeg.0d792bf966fd52e2b35869e047fd401c.jpeg wide. Worked well. Will be repeated. 

Yeah, Willock looks better switching to LW.  I think it confused Leicester - we were much more threatening down the left than we had been for most of the season.  Should be a warning to other teams who likely assume that Trippier - Bruno - Almiron down the right is our only source of attacking intent